Y-Axis and Data Decimal Places?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
sparkz

Y-Axis and Data Decimal Places?

Postby sparkz » 18 Apr 2008

I'm not too sure when this started happening but I've just noticed something odd. This is on the latest V3 non beta which I just upgraded. The same issue was on the previous beta though.

If I place some of my indicators in a separate sub-chart window they display the data and Y-Axis labels with 2 decimal places and not 4 as it should be in this instance.

If I place the same indicator in the same sub-chart as the data (which is already showing 4 decimal places) it displays ok. This is with a symbol that has 4 decimal places (eg. currency pair GBPUSD).

Changing the Y-Axis with doesn't make any difference. Nor does the scaling options. Hovering the mouse over the data it only shows the values as 2 dp but when the indicator is placed in the data window it's ok.

I notice it doesn't happen to all my indicators, just some. But I can't see what the pattern is, if any. I created new a workspace and recreated the charts with the same effect. Also, all indicators have been recompiled since the upgrade.

Has something changed in this department? Is there a new option or keyword somewhere to control this behavior? I couldn't find anything.

Thanks

sparkz

Postby sparkz » 21 Apr 2008

Here's an example screen dump showing the 2 decimal place indicator and values from hovering the mouse over it. Values are greater than 2dp but I can only see 2. It doesn't happen on all indicators.
Attachments
2008-04-21_154636.jpg
(32.17 KiB) Downloaded 597 times

sparkz

Postby sparkz » 21 Apr 2008

Is someone from support going to be looking at this please?

Or should I be emailing support direct?

Thanks
Last edited by sparkz on 22 Apr 2008, edited 1 time in total.

ax

Postby ax » 22 Apr 2008

Check the price index by right clicking it to confirm that the symbol is selected not an indicator

ax

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Apr 2008

Sometimes the system cannot correctly identify the number of decimal places for indicators. This is a confirmed bug and our engineers are working to fix it.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”