Custom futures data from TS

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
zanna

Custom futures data from TS

Postby zanna » 14 Apr 2017

Hi everyone,

I am trying to add a custom future data from TS like @CL=103nn crude oil continuos future 3rd nearest contract, but when I go to the multichart add custom future data, I can't find the symbol of CL or other commodities. Could anyone help me and explain how to do? Thanks in advance

Antonio

Angelina MultiСharts

Re: Custom futures data from TS

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 14 Apr 2017

Hello zanna,

Please enable "include expired contracts" option.

zanna

Postby zanna » 17 Apr 2017

Sorry Angelina,

but if I go in format instrument Add CF, then I have the window custom future with data source TS and in the box of the symbool root I can find some symbol but not other like CL, NG, GC etc.... where is the problem?

Thanks in advance

Angelina MultiСharts

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 17 Apr 2017

Zanna,

If the root is missing from the drop-down list , it is needed to add it manually as described here: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... Dictionary

zanna

Postby zanna » 18 Apr 2017

Thanks Angelina,

I add the symbol manually, then I add the custom future and edit it with the same session of the symbol in TS es @ng=103nn that is the continuos future of natural gas based on continuos serie on 3rd nearest contract unajusted and rollover 1 trading days priori to first notice day but when I open the chart in MC I have no data ....where is the problem?

Return to “MultiCharts”