ASCII Mapping - Missing Data BUG

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
bryanzim

ASCII Mapping - Missing Data BUG

Postby bryanzim » 25 Apr 2017

When I create a new chart for an ASCII mapped file, I have had issues with missing data which is either gaps in the chart for data that is in the file or chart not displaying latest data at the end of the file. I have attached a data source file, the new chart produced, the instrument settings screenshot, the quote manager sessions screenshot(24 hour except 17:00-18:00 exchange time).

Also for some of the larger ASCII mapped files(1 minute intervals), i.e. 200-300+MB, it takes a long time for a chart to appear in the window, i.e.(greater than 1 minute). As a suggestion one could do a binary search on the file to quickly locate start time needed and go from there. For current time one could read file backwards if in ascending date/time order.
Attachments
settings.jpg
instrument settings under chart
(89.37 KiB) Downloaded 1243 times
sessions.jpg
quote manager sessions
(120.94 KiB) Downloaded 1243 times
chart.jpg
chart showing gaps in data
(257.01 KiB) Downloaded 1243 times
QNG#-I300.txt
Shortened 5 Minute file with time in UTC
(240.75 KiB) Downloaded 325 times

Angelina MultiСharts

Re: ASCII Mapping - Missing Data BUG

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 27 Apr 2017

Hello Bryanzim,

Your file contains data in GMT time zone while, according to the screenshots, you have selected the Exchange time zone when mapping. Please remap the file with the correct time zone.

As for the second issue, the egnineers have recommended adding MultiCharts processes and folders to the exception/exclusion list of your Antivirus.

bryanzim

Postby bryanzim » 27 Apr 2017

The GMT ASCII data was mapped as GMT when doing the ASCII mapping.

The displayed time zone of local time is correct as that is what I want to display not GMT time.

This is not an antivirus issue. The drive is an SSD drive and I can parse the large files entirely with C++ code in about 5 seconds versus the 1 minute+ for Multicharts.NET

I have also found that rebooting the computer will cause it to update the displayed data. However changing the ASCII mapped file and creating a new chart does not always result in an updated display.

Kristina MultiCharts

Postby Kristina MultiCharts » 02 May 2017

Hello,

Please check the time zone of your computer and computer time, computer time should match the selected time zone. Please delete the symbol from QuoteManager and remap the file again with the correct Time Zone.
Please note that ASCII file should not be completely changed by 3rd party programs, only new lines with the correct time should be added to the file.
If the issue is still replicated, please demonstrate the case in our Live Chat within working hours (Mon – Fri 6:30 AM – 1 PM EST).
Also for some of the larger ASCII mapped files(1 minute intervals), i.e. 200-300+MB, it takes a long time for a chart to appear in the window, i.e.(greater than 1 minute). As a suggestion one could do a binary search on the file to quickly locate start time needed and go from there. For current time one could read file backwards if in ascending date/time order.
Please also demonstrate this in Live Chat so we could study the case and see if this can be improved.

bryanzim

Postby bryanzim » 07 Jun 2017

I am following up to see if MultiCharts was able to replicate the slow data loading in ASCII mapped files. If so, when an expected fix will take place.

Angelina MultiСharts

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 07 Jun 2017

Hello bryanzim,

Yes, we are going to work on improving the data loading speed for ASCII files, bur there is no ETA yet.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”