Portfolio trader : IOG for automatic trading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mickatrade

Portfolio trader : IOG for automatic trading

Postby mickatrade » 13 May 2017

Hello,
I'm currently using MC for automatic trading but it sometimes freezes because i've 20 charts/ workspace and have 6 workspaces running at the same time. My strategy use IOG so i can't move to portfolio trader to apply my strategy in live autotrading.
Do you plan in the future to have IOG for live autotrading in portfoliotrader ?

One other possibility will be the possibility to send orders to different broker accounts from a same chart. My broker is LMAX with multiple account.

Best regards.

TJ

Re: Portfolio trader : IOG for automatic trading

Postby TJ » 13 May 2017

Hello,
I'm currently using MC for automatic trading but it sometimes freezes because i've 20 charts/ workspace and have 6 workspaces running at the same time. My strategy use IOG so i can't move to portfolio trader to apply my strategy in live autotrading.
Do you plan in the future to have IOG for live autotrading in portfoliotrader ?

One other possibility will be the possibility to send orders to different broker accounts from a same chart. My broker is LMAX with multiple account.

Best regards.

I have run a similar number of charts/wsp with no problem.

If the computer freezes, it can be one of the following:

1. The program has gone into an infinite loop.
ie there is coding error in your script.

2. it is because of a memory corruption
ie. one program has crossed into another program's space.

Which MC version are you using?

What is your computer spec? (CPU, memory, Windows version)

How much history are on the charts?
Are you running multi-time frame? eg 5 mins and 15 mins on the same chart?
Do you have tick charts? What is the resolution?
How big are your indicators/strategies?
Do you have lots of drawing objects?

What other programs are you running on your computer at the same time?
Which internet browser do you use? Any extensions?

Which anti-virus do you use?

mickatrade

Postby mickatrade » 14 May 2017

Hello TJ,

My answers below.

Which MC version are you using? => MultiCharts64 Version 10.0 Release (Build 14245)

What is your computer spec? (CPU, memory, Windows version) Intel I5 with Windows 10 64 + 16go RAM

How much history are on the charts? =>730 day
Are you running multi-time frame? eg 5 mins and 15 mins on the same chart? i'm running 2 timeframes for the same chart
Do you have tick charts? What is the resolution? no tick charts, 30min and 2 hour resolution
How big are your indicators/strategies? 2sma for each resolution + 1 stochastic
Do you have lots of drawing objects? no drawing objects

What other programs are you running on your computer at the same time? none, sometimes teamviewer
Which internet browser do you use? firefox and chrome .Any extensions? adblock plus

Which anti-virus do you use? avastantivirus

TJ

Postby TJ » 14 May 2017

Based on the above, I do not see why your MultiCharts should freeze up.

Probably your code needs some clean up and optimization.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 15 May 2017

Are you running multi-time frame? eg 5 mins and 15 mins on the same chart? i'm running 2 timeframes for the same chart
Do you have tick charts? What is the resolution? no tick charts, 30min and 2 hour resolution
I don't see a reason why your computer should freeze up: you have a more than strong enough computer and use MultiCharts very lightly, if I may say so.

Do you perhaps use some kind of array operation in your code (like sorting array values)? Those are notoriously expensive in terms of CPU power. Other than that I can't really think of something in your code that would cause freezes, especially since you're only using SMAs and Stochastic.

Regarding your use of Avast antivirus, have you whitelisted the directory that contains MultiCharts? (C:\Program Files\TS Support\*). I also use Avast and whitelisted that directory for better performance.

To whitelist that folder, I think you need to take the following steps (based on your Avast version the steps might be a bit different; and my Avast version is not in English so stay with me as I'm guessing what the name for the English options would be):

- Open the Avast antivirus window (double-click the tray icon).
- Go to Settings (bottom left icon).
- Go to 'Parts' (second option, just below 'General').
- Click 'Edit' for the 'File System Shield'.
- Go to 'Exclusions'.
- Scroll down to add a new folder to the exclusions.

Good luck and hope this helps.

mickatrade

Postby mickatrade » 15 May 2017

I don't see a reason why your computer should freeze up: you have a more than strong enough computer and use MultiCharts very lightly, if I may say so.

Do you perhaps use some kind of array operation in your code (like sorting array values)? Those are notoriously expensive in terms of CPU power. Other than that I can't really think of something in your code that would cause freezes, especially since you're only using SMAs and Stochastic.

Regarding your use of Avast antivirus, have you whitelisted the directory that contains MultiCharts? (C:\Program Files\TS Support\*). I also use Avast and whitelisted that directory for better performance.

To whitelist that folder, I think you need to take the following steps (based on your Avast version the steps might be a bit different; and my Avast version is not in English so stay with me as I'm guessing what the name for the English options would be):

- Open the Avast antivirus window (double-click the tray icon).
- Go to Settings (bottom left icon).
- Go to 'Parts' (second option, just below 'General').
- Click 'Edit' for the 'File System Shield'.
- Go to 'Exclusions'.
- Scroll down to add a new folder to the exclusions.

Good luck and hope this helps.
Hello JoshM,

My code doesn't have complex operation . Maybe it's because i have too many charts and strategies opened.
I'll add MC to the whitelist of Avast as you suggested.

MJ

Return to “MultiCharts”