Limit Orders

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Kingjelly

Limit Orders

Postby Kingjelly » 20 Apr 2008

Hello,

Is the new trading engine supposed to know if your limit orders are filled? If not is this planned in future releases?

Thanks,

Preston

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Apr 2008

Hi Preston,

The engine does know if the limit position is filled. However, this information can't be accessed in a code.

Kingjelly

SetProfitTarget

Postby Kingjelly » 21 Apr 2008

Marina,

Last night in a trade, using the setprofittarget function the chart said that the trade closed out at my target, however the price only touched the target momentarily and I was not actually filled. This cause me to still be in the position when it took another trade in the same direction causing me to have twice the number of contracts I usually trade. Is there any way this can be avoided?

Thanks,

Preston

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Apr 2008

Hi Preston,

What might have happened is as follows:

When a symbol is plotted in MultiCharts you need to choose either trades, or bids or asks. And signals are generated either on trades or on bids or on asks respectively. However, in reality, when an order is sent to the broker it can be executed either based on the bid price or on the ask price - depending on whether it is a sell or a buy order. In other words, if you're watching a chart and see that a condition is met there on trades it won't be necessarily met on the broker's end on bids/asks.

Checking the option to convert price orders into market orders should help in this case.

There might also be a problem if your order got only partially filled. We are now working on the correct handling of the partially filled orders. The solution will be ready in about 2 weeks.

Return to “MultiCharts”