metastock data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ivanf

metastock data

Postby ivanf » 04 Jul 2017

Hi,

I'm using MC v10.0

I have MS data for 2 different markets ( USA and ASX) , there are some symbols which are the same ie symbol names are not unique and overlap between the 2 markets

I currently have the dirs for the USA market specified in the data source settings and everything works ok

Now I want to add another data source for the ASX but MC doesnt seem to allow that ( I'm sure a version from many years ago used to allow you to setup multiple data sources for MS data.)

I cant just add the ASX dirs to the existing data source because of the symbol overlap

Is there any way to add another MS data source ?

thanks
Ivan

Angelina MultiСharts

Re: metastock data

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 07 Jul 2017

Hello ivanf,

I am afraid it is currently not possible. Please create a feature request in our Project Management system.

Kaos

Postby Kaos » 21 Jul 2017

Hi Ivan, I found that issue years ago (eg: symbols like "ALL" when I was using Premium Data for shares) so it's great Angelina mentioned the project system. Have you created one yet? Let me know when you will and I'll definitely vote for it as I think all Multicharts need to do is add an exchange identifier to the metastock directory.

ivanf

Postby ivanf » 22 Jul 2017

Hi Ivan, I found that issue years ago (eg: symbols like "ALL" when I was using Premium Data for shares) so it's great Angelina mentioned the project system. Have you created one yet? Let me know when you will and I'll definitely vote for it as I think all Multicharts need to do is add an exchange identifier to the metastock directory.

Hi Kaos,

yes I registered the request today
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2279

regards
Ivan

Kaos

Postby Kaos » 22 Jul 2017

Sounds great - I just voted for it

Return to “MultiCharts”