tsServer.exe crashes frequently  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
darob

tsServer.exe crashes frequently

Postby darob » 25 Jul 2017

Hi, when running MC.NET64 v10.0 Bld 14420 tsServer.exe will crash at least once every session or two. Obviously this is a nuisance. What is the solution?
Windows 7.
Thanks
Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 9.42.36 AM.png
(26.12 KiB) Downloaded 1204 times

fbertram

Re: tsServer.exe crashes frequently

Postby fbertram » 25 Jul 2017

there is not enough information here to even guess what the root cause for this crash might be. I am running MultiCharts in live trading daily and it is very stable for me, but then again I have a machine that is only doing that and absolutely nothing else, and that was freshly setup with Windows 10.

Personally, I would strongly encourage you to update your operating system. Windows 7 is long past maintenance, and running network connected stuff on a machine that is missing a gazillion security updates would make me *very* nervous. Windows 10 is actually nice.

Cheers, Felix

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Jul 2017

Hello darob,

Please do not close any windows when this error appears and send us the logs and dumps for analysis.
Go to Help tab->Feedback (or Windows Start menu->All programs->MultiCharts .NET64->Feedback).
Select these options:
- Attach a screenshot;
- Attach log files to help us understand what happened;
- Attach minidump for crash analysis;
- Upload collected data to Help Desk.
Uncheck the “snapshot of current setup” option as we do not need it right now.

darob

Re: tsServer.exe crashes frequently  [SOLVED]

Postby darob » 27 Jul 2017

I’ve assigned more RAM to the VM. Task Manager previously showed 50% memory usage and now it’s at 40% and there’s been no crashes. I’ll send the logs if it happens again.

Thanks a lot

wzero

Postby wzero » 05 Oct 2017

My Multicharts.Net tsServer.exe crashed serveral times a day, Same exception code 0xc0000374, a "digit rights disconnection" message would pop up. But mine don't have that exception dialog, I can only see that crashes in EventLog. The PC has 16G physical RAM installed, 45% usage. This should be OK.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”