Non Equidistant Candle Bars  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
madmax98

Non Equidistant Candle Bars

Postby madmax98 » 21 Nov 2017

Is there a way (or is it possible) to obtain candle bars that are not spaced evenly from each other? This would be useful when using tick or volume charts, where one may want to space them based on time only. I know one platform has this feature (NT) and it would be great if MC has it as well.

TJ

Re: Non Equidistant Candle Bars

Postby TJ » 21 Nov 2017

Is there a way (or is it possible) to obtain candle bars that are not spaced evenly from each other? This would be useful when using tick or volume charts, where one may want to space them based on time only. I know one platform has this feature (NT) and it would be great if MC has it as well.
Interesting concept.

Can you post a sample?

rrams

Postby rrams » 21 Nov 2017

Just insert another copy of the same instrument to the next data number in time based format. They are magically synchronized. If the first is say range bars (points) and the second is minutes; then during slow periods the candle bars of the first will be spaced farther apart.

madmax98

Interesting concept.

Can you post a sample?

Will do

madmax98

Just insert another copy of the same instrument to the next data number in time based format. They are magically synchronized. If the first is say range bars (points) and the second is minutes; then during slow periods the candle bars of the first will be spaced farther apart.

So let me see if I get your idea: Insert an instrument in a time based chart (I min for example), then insert the same instrument as "data2" but in the "settings" change to non-time based (1000 volume for example)... Do I have it correctly?

rrams

Re: Non Equidistant Candle Bars  [SOLVED]

Postby rrams » 22 Nov 2017

Well it's not as easy to make it look right with volume based bars.

So try a range bar chart first:
Data#1 - YM DEC 17, Interval - 10 Points, SubChart#1
Data#2 - YM DEC 17, Interval - 2 Min, SubChart Hidden
10pointYM.png
(34.14 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
The Volume based charts (Contracts) work in reverse order:
Data#1 - YM DEC 17, Interval - 5 min, SubChart#2
Data#2 - YM DEC 17, Interval - 500 Contracts, SubChart#1
YM 500 Contract.png
(14.39 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
I'm not saying this is what you want. I didn't have time to mess with the interval settings because these things take longer to load historical data (from IB). I'm just showing how you can make bars spaced nonuniformly.

Return to “MultiCharts”