Plz Help: Volume on Renko

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jiaqiangmit

Plz Help: Volume on Renko

Postby jiaqiangmit » 06 Dec 2017

We know that the Forex market has no volume, and we can use tick count as a proxy of volume. On Multicharts in bar charts, insert the Volume study, we can choose to use "traded volume" or "count tick".

Now Oanda is my broker, their data feed provide the volume information as count tick, and their "volume" is empty or 0.

As Renko is a must of my trade, I need it to show volume. So here comes the problem. On renko charts, the volume can only set to "traded volume", so when inserted the volume indicator, it just shows a line of zero.

To fix this, I think I have three ways to solve this, easy to hard technically:

1. Find a broker whose data feed (especially for Forex) contains traded volume as well as tick count.

2.Now the data feed of Oanda in "traded volume" is empty, if I can configurate the Multicharts to make the "traded
volume" equals to the "tick count", problem solved.

3. Ask Multicharts to add traded volume in renko charts.

As I do not want to change the broker, is the 2nd or the 3rd way possible? Or if there is another way to make Renko show volume for Forex instrument.

Thanks.

TJ

Re: Plz Help: Volume on Renko

Postby TJ » 06 Dec 2017

Please post your codes.

jiaqiangmit

No codes. I think if I can make an indicator to count ticks during each Renko brick, that would solve the problem. On renko, MC can only Build Volume On Trade Volume, but Forex data has no trade volume, only tick volume.

TJ

Postby TJ » 06 Dec 2017

No codes. I think if I can make an indicator to count ticks during each Renko brick, that would solve the problem. On renko, MC can only Build Volume On Trade Volume, but Forex data has no trade volume, only tick volume.

You can already do that with EasyLanguage.

jiaqiangmit

You can already do that with EasyLanguage.
How can I do that? For Renko Charts, the volume is build on Trade Volume, cannot choose to build on Tick Count.

Thanks very much.

TJ

Postby TJ » 06 Dec 2017

How can I do that? For Renko Charts, the volume is build on Trade Volume, cannot choose to build on Tick Count.

Thanks very much.

Please see post #2

Return to “MultiCharts”