Multiple logins on Windows Server

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hughesfleming

Multiple logins on Windows Server

Postby hughesfleming » 10 Jan 2018

I am trying to set something up on Windows Server 2012r2 and it is not working quite like I expected.

I have two logins and each login can connect to a different account on IB. Multicharts is setup with two licenses, one for each login and I can set the port for IB individually. I can run TWS with each login simultaneously without problems but I can only run one instance of Multicharts at a time even though I have two licenses. I am getting a TSServer is already launched error. It is not taking notice of the two licenses.

Is there are way to solve this without having to setup hyper-v on Windows server? Can I install Multicharts on a per user basis?

If someone could point me to some instructions, that would be great.

Many thanks,

Alex

Edit: I am setting up hyper-v. Probably a better solution in the end.

Anna MultiCharts

Re: Multiple logins on Windows Server

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 12 Jan 2018

Hello, hughesfleming!

I’m afraid what you’re trying to do is only possible if you have both MultiCharts 32-bit and 64-bit, cause MultiCharts is installed for all users of the machine and has common database across all users. If you try to launch 2 MultiCharts of one and the same bit you won’t succeed as there can only be one TSServer process running, so the only way to avoid this is to use MultiCharts of different bits so that different TSServer processes could start.

hughesfleming

Re: Multiple logins on Windows Server

Postby hughesfleming » 12 Jan 2018

Thanks Anna,

I eventually came to the same conclusion but thanks for confirming. I have decided to setup a vps on my server and run a second Multicharts instance there on a separate license.

Kind regards,

Alex

Return to “MultiCharts”