install error  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
GuppyDRV

install error

Postby GuppyDRV » 16 Jan 2018

Hello all,

I'm trying to update to version 11 most current release but each time it gets up to the Extracting Built in studies the installer goes non responsive and it just hangs up.

When I ended the task in task manager all of the prior version had been removed from my system. after trying several times I'm unable to complete the installation. Fortunately, I have backup files I made just prior to trying but never the less I'm frustrated. I even disabled my Anti Virus protection to see if that helped, it did not.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I'm now down from trading.

GuppyDRV

TJ

Re: install error

Postby TJ » 16 Jan 2018

did you run as administrator?

GuppyDRV

Re: install error  [SOLVED]

Postby GuppyDRV » 16 Jan 2018

TJ,

Yes........but found solution! Cleared windows caches, disabled anti virus and used task manager to make sure all Multicharts applications were closed. I also used save instead of run when initially downloading update.

All worked well after this and have verified all data migrated with trading strategies functioning as expected.

Thanks for the help.

GuppyDRV

TJ

Postby TJ » 16 Jan 2018

That's good to hear.

Good trading to you.

GuppyDRV

Postby GuppyDRV » 17 Jan 2018

I think I may have figured out the true cause after thinking on it overnight. I had an uncompiled function in my database that may have been causing the intstall error. When it finally worked I had unchecked the box regarding compiling of all imported data on the initial install wizard. This was in addition to the above referenced fixes.

Hope this helps others.

GuppyDRV

Return to “MultiCharts”