Support for a Feature Request i think many will love.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
synonym

Support for a Feature Request i think many will love.

Postby synonym » 13 Jun 2018

Hi All
I've just made the following Feature Request. I think it's one many will love and may well have missed when moving to MC from other platforms. FYI, below is the post i've made. I'd really appreciate it if you could support this request. It'd also be good if you could support my trendline extension feature request too.
Thanks
Syn

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2462

New Feature Req:
Hi
This is a really useful and neat tool that i think would be a fantastic addition to MC and that would fundamentally improve it's functionality, making it's use more productive for many. Other platforms have it, and i know just how useful it is.

It is a small tool that quickly allows you to measure the differences between two points on a chart, be that for example two lows or a low to a high. When in a chart, if you were to click and hold the left mouse button on the part of the bar (call that the anchor point) you are interested in (either O,H,L,C) then move your cursor to the next point you are interested in (say the close of a bar 5 days later), the tool would continuously draw a dotted line between the anchor point and wherever your mouse cursor is. A small pop up window (like the one that appears when you left click and release), which would show you the start date/time and end date/time, the number of bars included in that range, and the change in price and all plotted indicators over that period of time.

Please seriously consider it. I presume you could re-purpose the data box that currently pops up with the left click and release.

Looking forward to your consideration and reply.
Thanks
Syn
Attachments
Tool.jpg
(42.21 KiB) Downloaded 419 times

ABC

Re: Support for a Feature Request i think many will love.

Postby ABC » 14 Jun 2018

Syn,

you can accomplish something similar with trendlines already. Simply draw a trendline between your two points and click on the line. It will show you the difference in time and price in a popup window when you click on it:
MCTrendlines.PNG
(7.81 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
Regards,

ABC

synonym

Postby synonym » 14 Jun 2018

Thanks very much ABC, that's lovely stuff! Much better than manually calculating it!
Cheers
Syn.

synonym

Postby synonym » 14 Jun 2018

Re Trendlines. I like the snap mode for drawing tools. Much faster, accurate and more productive. But i also want drawing tools to stay linked to a symbol and not to the indicator (as must most people).

Support has told me the only way to do this is to have the symbol plotted invisibly at the back of your indicator windows. Messy to my mind. The trouble with this is that, if you use snap mode, the drawing tools want to anchor to the price of the invisible symbol and not the indicator. Do you ABC or anyone else know a better way to do this to avoid this problem?

Thanks
Syn

Return to “MultiCharts”