Copy and past effect on data in scanner window.  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Splint

Copy and past effect on data in scanner window.

Postby Splint » 26 Aug 2018

I've found a data issue while trying to combine instruments from number of scanner windows into one window.

I started with a scanner window which has a list of instruments, some of which were duplicates. All of the data appeared as it should with the chart in the linked window and the trend in the scanner window displayed normally. I copied all of the instruments into excel and used the delete duplicates function. I deleted all of the instruments from the scanner window which I had copied into excel then pasted the amended instrument list into the scanner window then every instrument came up as no data.

After some investigation I found that if I typed the code in or if I copied the code which was already showing no data then the result would be no data. If I copied a the same code but from a different scanner window where the data was ok then the result would be a chart that works but the study which worked normally would show not enough data. The study and its parameters ware identical but one window would display normally and the other would say not enough data.

I tried closing Multicharts and reopening thinking it would reset itself but the issue remains.

Any idea what is going on here?
Attachments
USA Watch List.wsp
USA Watch List contains some instruments from the Hong Kong exchange. Take note in particular of 0059.HK which appears five times but only containing data twice. The HK instruments also show not enough data but work OK in the HKS Watch List file which has the same study with the same parameters.
(259.3 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
International Watch List.wsp
International Watch List shows no data for any of the instruments.
(174.99 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
HKS Watch - Hong Kong.wsp
HKS Watch - Hong Kong is OK.
(128.29 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

Splint

Re: Copy and past effect on data in scanner window.  [SOLVED]

Postby Splint » 27 Aug 2018

After further investigation I have found that the instruments showing no data have somehow changed data providers from freequotes to ascii mapping. Changing them back makes them all work again. Is there any way to change the effected instruments in the scanner window as a group? It appears they must be changed individually.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Copy and past effect on data in scanner window.

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 Aug 2018

After further investigation I have found that the instruments showing no data have somehow changed data providers from freequotes to ascii mapping. Changing them back makes them all work again. Is there any way to change the effected instruments in the scanner window as a group? It appears they must be changed individually.
Splint, there are a few settings that can be changed for a group of symbols, but the Data Source is not one of them:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ll_Symbols
You can remove the incorrect symbols from the list and add multiple required symbols in one go:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... g_a_Symbol

Return to “MultiCharts”