Lmax and contract number  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mattia

Lmax and contract number

Postby Mattia » 06 Sep 2018

Hello, I'm new to multicharts and automated trading, and i need some help.

I have some forex systems (not written by me). In the code the notional amount is expressed in, say, 100000 to buy exactly 100000 of EUR\USD, for example.
The backtests of the systems i did with Lmax data looks perfectly as they should be, setting the "big point value" as "1".
With this settings Lmax does not accept the trades (exposure check failure), because for Lmax 1 contract equals 10.000 of the specific currency. They told me they received an order for 6500 (on AUD\NZD), wich in the system code should be expressed as 65000 (not 6500).

The first question is, is it possible to set the right amount of notional (or contracts as Lmax call them) without modifying the code? (As i didn't write the systems, and i'm new to trading systems, i would prefer not to mess with the code, if possible). Is the "big point value" useful to set this problem?

The other question is, for Lmax 1 contract equals 10.000, what when the system need to enter the market with 65000? it would be 6,5 contracts for Lmax, and i don't think it's possible to send an order of 0,5 contracts, for what i know.

michal

Re: Lmax and contract number

Postby michal » 06 Sep 2018

Hi Mattia, login to Lmax website and check the volume you traded in transaction history. I'm trying to implement Lmax trading now too. As far as I know as you log in to webtrader the default contract is 10,000 = 1 webtrader lot. But the minimum move is 0.1 so in webtrader you can trade 6.5 which is 6,500. 1 multicharts lot is 0.1 webtrader lot as far as I know so 1 multicharts lot = 1,000 notional.

100,000 Eurusd notional would be 10 webtrader lots or 100 multicharts lots. The settings I use are:
price scale 1/100000
min movement 1
big point 1000
Please confirm everything on demo because I'm not experienced with Lmax connection. Also, perhaps someone more experienced could help you with setting different position size. Although for me the easiest thing to do would be to just change it directly in code.

Mattia

Postby Mattia » 07 Sep 2018

Thank you very much, i'm trying with these settings and see the results.

Mattia

Postby Mattia » 13 Sep 2018

Hi Mattia, login to Lmax website and check the volume you traded in transaction history. I'm trying to implement Lmax trading now too. As far as I know as you log in to webtrader the default contract is 10,000 = 1 webtrader lot. But the minimum move is 0.1 so in webtrader you can trade 6.5 which is 6,500. 1 multicharts lot is 0.1 webtrader lot as far as I know so 1 multicharts lot = 1,000 notional.

100,000 Eurusd notional would be 10 webtrader lots or 100 multicharts lots. The settings I use are:
price scale 1/100000
min movement 1
big point 1000
Please confirm everything on demo because I'm not experienced with Lmax connection. Also, perhaps someone more experienced could help you with setting different position size. Although for me the easiest thing to do would be to just change it directly in code.
I tried the settings, but nothing changed, the only change is the strategy performance report which is now wrong.
Still receive the message "exposure check failure".

c0ntango

Postby c0ntango » 13 Sep 2018

Hi Michal & Mattia,

I am a professional forex trader, using LMAX and I remember struggling with this particular issue for quite a bit of time. It's a challenge to configure this. If you guys still need help with this issue, please feel free to PM me and we can discuss.

Warm regards,

-Ben

Mattia

Postby Mattia » 13 Sep 2018

Hi Michal & Mattia,

I am a professional forex trader, using LMAX and I remember struggling with this particular issue for quite a bit of time. It's a challenge to configure this. If you guys still need help with this issue, please feel free to PM me and we can discuss.

Warm regards,

-Ben

Thank you very much, i sent you a PM.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Lmax and contract number  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Sep 2018

Hello Mattia,

When trading Forex with LMAX 1 contract in MultiCharts = 1000 contracts on LMAX side.
For the auto trading the order size is configured in Format->Strategy Properties->Properties tab-> Trade size.
if the order size is specified in your code - it overwrites the values under the Properties tab-> Trade size.

Mattia

Postby Mattia » 14 Sep 2018

Hello Mattia,

When trading Forex with LMAX 1 contract in MultiCharts = 1000 contracts on LMAX side.
For the auto trading the order size is configured in Format->Strategy Properties->Properties tab-> Trade size.
if the order size is specified in your code - it overwrites the values under the Properties tab-> Trade size.

Thank you very much. The trade size is specified in the code, so i think the only way is to modify the size in the system code.
I'll try to set everything again and check if it works.

Thanks

Return to “MultiCharts”