bugs in version 12

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mark Brown

bugs in version 12

Postby Mark Brown » 14 Sep 2018

i woke up and had 289 emini sp's on when my original order was 100 - wow there are so many new bugs in version 12 i have not the time to argue about them.

hughesfleming

Re: Preventing multiple trades from initiating across different charts at the same time

Postby hughesfleming » 15 Sep 2018

Hi Mark, I have never seen MC....any version just randomly send orders. Check your code and don't sleep with a 100 minis on the table! Please lets us know why this happened.

regards,

Alex

Smoky

Re: bugs in version 12

Postby Smoky » 15 Sep 2018

i woke up and had 289 emini sp's on when my original order was 100 - wow there are so many new bugs in version 12 i have not the time to argue about them.

don't worry about this, i stoped to work on my autotrading code to work full time on my debug test order code !

i will make this code, workspace, datas public and show all i found and hope this debug code help MC dev team to fix issues

i will start my tests again with new release 2 on next monday on two computers

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 22 Sep 2018

i will make this code, workspace, datas public and show all i found and hope this debug code help MC dev team to fix issues
i will start my tests again with new release 2 on next monday on two computers
manual trading is fine when using the dom. i can only think what has gone wrong with auto trading is:

in the auto trading tab i messed with

1.) unfilled strategy order replacement i set this to 10 seconds both selections there.
2.) partially filled orders replacement i set this to 10 seconds both selections there.
3.) mode selection sync by broker
4.) require order confirmation unchecked. maybe this was the most stupid thing i did since it seems that was the start of my problems.

in the format signal properties tab:

1.) enable intra-bar order generation checked
2.) limit entries from all signals in this strategy to once per bar. checked
3.) limit exits from all signals in this strategy to once per bar. checked

maybe this will help, i really had no clue what combination caused my weird order to go from 100 to 200 and something. although i got to thinking i may have had the optional attach order types running also. i have been hammering this thing cause i have some serious trading coming up and don't want to have to turn to tt as a order entry system when we have this promising dom in mc already.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 27 Sep 2018

Hello, Mark!

In situations like this please send us the logs so that our engineers could analyze them. To do that please go Help -> Feedback.
In the Feedback app please enable “Attach a screenshot”, “Attach Log files…”, “Snapshot of the current MultiCharts setup”, “Data for active instruments…” and “Upload collected data to Help Desk” -> Send.
In the commentary section please specify the Order ID and exact time when the issue took place.
If the issue happened during previous MultiCharts working sessions, please make sure that the “Include Backup of Logs from previous sessions” is as well checked (especially if you’re going to send the logs for investigation of this case).

Return to “MultiCharts”