Show historical order name

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Smoky

Show historical order name

Postby Smoky » 11 Feb 2019

it will be very nice to read historical orders names in charts when you reload your last trading day.

actualy we can only have a generic "Sell" and "Buy" word.

in this picture i also add text size to be usefull in 4K screens.

Orders names would come from MC databases and not need broker connection please.
Attachments
HISTORICAL NAME OF SIGNALS 1.png
(25.74 KiB) Downloaded 762 times

Anna MultiCharts

Re: Show historical order name

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 13 Feb 2019

Hello, Smoky!

Unfortunately the display of historical trades without a connected broker profile is not possible on charts. That’s because you can have one and the same chart symbol traded with different brokers and on different broker accounts, and while the appropriate combination of them is not chosen, it is not clear for which of the accounts the historical trades should be displayed on the chart.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 14 Feb 2019

Anna, first i want to see order name of yesterday trading day because MC12 ERASE all screen when the stategy start a new day !

I try a workaround and my stategy do your job with Text drawing and arrows to show buy and sell signals name and type.
1- the chart don't memorise my drawing
2- my signals have better things to do than make your chart job and make backup of signals names on chart (slow down my signals !)

can you explain me the very good raison and why MC clear all the chart when stategy start a new day ! past is past nothing can change LoL

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 22 Feb 2019

LoL 83 view and nobody want the same thing !

are there any trader here ?

waiting your answer Anna.

TJ

Postby TJ » 22 Feb 2019

We trade futures LOL . . .

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 24 Feb 2019

Very funny TJ !

i trade also futures Dax lol and i would like to plot my future exit or entry price in next bar, i can set shiftbar to 1 to have place to plot but i cant with MC12 lol (even for the futur MC fail)

For the past i only want to have one screen my last trading names that so LoL (MC 12 is now 150 Mo with databases everywhere and they can show basic things like my last trading day)

But thank you very much for your humor sometime it's Better to laugh than to cry

Have good trades !

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 26 Feb 2019

Anna, first i want to see order name of yesterday trading day because MC12 ERASE all screen when the stategy start a new day !

I try a workaround and my stategy do your job with Text drawing and arrows to show buy and sell signals name and type.
1- the chart don't memorise my drawing
2- my signals have better things to do than make your chart job and make backup of signals names on chart (slow down my signals !)

can you explain me the very good raison and why MC clear all the chart when stategy start a new day ! past is past nothing can change LoL
Smoky,

If you’re trading in the SA mode all backtesting trades are wiped out from the chart. This is how synchronous trading is designed: it always starts from Flat as if there was no trading activity earlier.
The real historical trades should remain after you resume autotrading the next day if the correct broker profile/account combination is selected for the chart. As I said the connected broker profile is required to display the historical trades, but still without it connected it won’t be possible to autotrade at all. So that’s not clear to me why having a broker profile connected is an issue. Please describe why historical orders for the last day are so important for your strategy and describe what you’d like to achieve so we could advise.

Other reasons why the trades may not appear on the chart can be found here:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _no_trades

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 27 Feb 2019

Anna, thanks to reply,
Few years ago you add a new custom names for signals, great ! your code can make orders names better than generic "buy/sell" words.

I take long time to find better word to explain by order name what my code do. BBL for exemple for Buy Bollinger Low, SBH Sell Bollinger ...high

no need to display all indicators just compute them and orders would speak better.

there is no issue about connected or not to the broker, sure when i open my workspace to auto trade my broker is online, but if you add historical orders names on screen, it should be better to have them ALWAYS.

Another thing, when You mix manual and autotrading, orders names can make good undestanding.

when you load a chart on SA mode a quick time you see historicals orders on chart ! then SA mode erase them !

to be flat to start a SA mode is not a good raison to erase orders names, you can start with initial broker position (better if yesterday closing position was bad)

in Multicharts name we have chart and it's ridiculus to start a trading session on 4k screen empty , sure i can add many indicators to make it beautiful, but i'm a trader, and the most important things for me is where was my trades and auto-trade ...

When you look again your last trip on your GPS, your GPS don't erase the names of cities !

thanks

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 27 Feb 2019

just a idea :

automaticly add order name as drawing tools in TEXT and they would be always on charts and workspace. (quick and easy todo by MC team)

My 2cts

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 01 Mar 2019

Smoky,

The SA auto trading mode shows only actual trades that were executed by the broker. The SA mode cannot have any historical strategy orders when autotrading is started. At the beginning of autotrading this mode starts from Flat, the code will be first recalculated on the nearest bar close (or on the nearest tick in IOG). So there’s no history for this mode.
If you’d like to see your backtesting orders you can use the AA mode of autotrading (though it’s not recommended due to the fact that it doesn’t guarantee any strategy position synchronization with the broker position). So in this respect we’d suggest having a copy of your chart working in backtesting while the original one is trading next to it.
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Execution
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Selection

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 04 Mar 2019

Smoky,

The SA auto trading mode shows only actual trades that were executed by the broker. The SA mode cannot have any historical strategy orders when autotrading is started. At the beginning of autotrading this mode starts from Flat, the code will be first recalculated on the nearest bar close (or on the nearest tick in IOG). So there’s no history for this mode.
THIS IS A BIG ISSUE ! STARTING FLAT IS NOT A GOOD RAISON TO ERASE SCREEN !

Your dev team can start calcul on first bat without erase the past orders ! calculation and display could be different things.
If you’d like to see your backtesting orders you can use the AA mode ...
it's not my bactesting orders ! my real trading orders sent to the broker, maybe your dev team use bactest to fill screen and i undestand LoL

what about manual orders/auto trading orders name ?

please, MC customers wake up , is there only one trader here who want the same thing or i go back home with my UFO ?

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 04 Mar 2019

Smoky,

As I said earlier real trades (whether generated manually or by an autotrading strategy) should not be erased from the chart even if you start autotrading in the SA mode. Please make sure that the correct broker profile and account are selected for that chart, that the Chart Trading Panel was at least opened once on the given chart and that in Format -> Chart Trading -> Common Settings you’ve got the “Show Historical Orders” enabled.
Backtesting orders are designed to disappear in this mode though.
If your real trades disappear from your chart even if the above mentioned requirements are met, please come to our Live Chat to demonstrate this via remote connection.
If all functions as I described above please explain why having historical orders displayed on a chart without a broker connection is so important.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 07 Mar 2019

Anna, please check your mp

Return to “MultiCharts”