'Auto Trading' settings on MultiCharts: CFD instruments

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Hemmo

'Auto Trading' settings on MultiCharts: CFD instruments

Postby Hemmo » 14 Feb 2019

I am Auto Trading on MultiCharts v12 R5, using Contracts for Difference ("CFD") instruments for Forex, NQ, and ES. OANDA Australia is the CFD broker.

When using Auto Trading on my MC charts, the strategy code is generating trades in back-testing and also during the live market hours which is good, however, the code is not always executing a trade entry when it should on some days. Why I make that statement is because when I switch off the Auto Trading, there are times in which the chart is indicating that a trade entry and exit should have occurred on a particular day, however, in reality, the trade did not actually occur.

From everything that I have read online and in forums is that the correct configuration of MultiCharts for Auto Trading can be very particular and that just one obscure setting can have a dramatic impact on the actual correct execution of a trade. My concern is that I have not configured the MC Auto Trading settings in order to correctly execute the live trades. The MultiCharts support team have directed me to the MC website pages for the settings relating to Auto Trading but I think I need very specific information.

Are there any current MultiCharts users out there who are able to provide me with the settings that they have used to successfully execute automatic trades in real time on MultiCharts for CFD instruments?

As an example, I am posting screenshots of my existing Auto Trading settings in MultiCharts v12. It would be really appreciated if any MultiCharts users could do the same for their MC settings for trading CFD's.

Please note that I have been advised by OANDA Australia that they are not an ECN broker of CFD's. That is, the trades are executed directly with OANDA Australia based on their market making activities.

In addition to screenshots of the MC Auto Trading settings, all feedback would be most welcomed. Thank you!
Attachments
Auto Trading settings 2.JPG
(64.11 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Auto Trading settings 1.JPG
(103.2 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: 'Auto Trading' settings on MultiCharts: CFD instruments

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Feb 2019

Hello Hemmo,

You need to verify the order generation logic by outputting the variables and conditions involved in the order generation to find out why an order was generated in backtesting, but not generated in realtime. Here is a sample code for that: 
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... t_Executed

Return to “MultiCharts”