Volume Delta charts colours shading

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Al3cs

Volume Delta charts colours shading

Postby Al3cs » 23 Apr 2019

Hi Multicharters,
please check and, if you think it will be useful, vote my feature request here:

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2581

In this screenshot I have explained what is actually annoying me in Volume Delta charts (please note that I have darkest colour for greater |bid-ask| difference).
2019-04-23 10_20_47-Window.png
(60.86 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
Aside I'm working on a FPBS indicator with colour shaded cells (but I suck as a coder) so if you are interested in collaboration drop me a message.

Have a nice day,
Alessandro

Anna MultiCharts

Re: Volume Delta charts colours shading

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 24 Apr 2019

Hello, Al3cs!

We are currently estimating the demand for the new style settings for Volume Delta charts. Please describe how you’d want the shading to look like or provide an image illustrating your idea.

Al3cs

Postby Al3cs » 24 Apr 2019

Hello Anna,
happy to read it!
Please check it here:
2019-04-24 14_58_54-Clipboard.png
(675.78 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
In this way we can evaluate relative changes in values.
I must stress it beacuse the chart must transmit valid informations in thin markets or in thick ones so maybe you can code it so the user can set "x" rotations to look back and sading will depend based on a % scale based on extreme values.

Please take in consideration the FPBS indicator because I'm at a deadline coding it :lol:

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 24 Apr 2019

Al3cs,

Thanks for the screenshot. Our developers will consider your suggestion. I’ll post their decision once it is available.

ABC

Postby ABC » 25 Apr 2019

Hi Al3cs,

while I agree that it would be great to have more control over the coloring options that Multicharts offers for the Delta, with MC.NET you have access to the volume profile values and can display your own Delta values for each bar (preferable using GDI+ due to the performance advantage) and fully customize the coloring.

Regards,

ABC

Al3cs

Postby Al3cs » 26 Apr 2019

Hi ABC,
I think my time is well spent coding my trading ideas and my systems and not coding the platform I bought because I'm a trader and not a programmer.
I think the little modify I'm asking needs little effort for MC to implement and only after this modify Volume Delta charts become true "Volume Delta" charts.
The scope of the platform is to give you support in your trading, helping you to spot relative anomalies in prices and those anomalies are faster corrected by other market participants. So if I have to lose time reading prices (numbers) in previous rotations to understand if the dark colour of last rotation is higher or lower compared to i.e. last 5 rotations, well, maybe that's something should be fixed in the platform by its programmer and not by the user, even when most other platforms gives you those informations.

ABC

Postby ABC » 26 Apr 2019

Al3cs,

again I agree and that's why I wrote that it would be great to have it built in. My post was merely pointing out that MC.NET gives you the control and flexibility to implement it yourself in case your suggestions is not picked up.
In terms of getting more feedback you might want to post the link to the PM system in the regular MC section of the forum, too.

Regards,

ABC

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”