Best uprocessor for Optimization.

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
RonS

Best uprocessor for Optimization.

Postby RonS » 14 Jul 2019

AMD's Gen 3 12 core Ryzen 9 3900X has to be way better then my present Gen 2 i7 (8 core). It looks like there will be delays in the AMD Gen 3 16 core uprocessor according to the news I read. I do absolutely no gaming and so am interested in multi-core optimization only. Heard about using old Server hardware with ~4 uprocessor sockets. The example used 4 uprocessors with 8 cores each. Making a 32 core machine that ran WIN10. Clock speed seemed slow which might make it less effective. Anyone use the AMD Gen 2 2990WX (32 core) uprocessor? Please comment.

I am requesting input on building up my next computer etc. Anyone get multiple AMD Gen 2 Threadripper (32 core) uprocessors running under MultiCharts.net? I have a laptop with an i7 (Gen 7) that won't run the same version of MultiCharts.net that runs on my present computer. Says I need to contact Multicharts for the correct software version. I'll do that soon.

Could anyone comment on using rental processor time? Is VMWARE somehow useful? Your responses are appreciated!

Ron

RonS

Re: Best uprocessor for Optimization.

Postby RonS » 19 Jul 2019

Reloaded MC64.net on the Gen 7 i7 laptop and everything works now.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”