XAUUSD, XAUCAD, feed in MC through Barcharts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tkorossyt

XAUUSD, XAUCAD, feed in MC through Barcharts

Postby tkorossyt » 15 Jul 2019

Hi,
I wonder if anybody has had similar experiences: I cannot get backtesting results for strategies (pre-built or custom built) on ^XAUUSD (as well as XAUCAD and Gold vs other currencies as well as silver vs other currencies). I get a data feed into the workspace, and it shows the chart with High/Low/open/Close as well as Studies (like Moving Averages), but it does not execute and show any buy or sell signals from any strategies. The logic of the strategies I am using works for other underlyings (like ^EURUSD or ^GBPUSD) and it prints out buy/sell signals in the Output area of the Language Editor. But it does not seem to want to execute any buy or sell orders in the backtest for strategy performance reports. I dont think that that the program logic is the reason as I tried it with very simple pre-built Strategies which also don't work. I have all the necessary permissions from Barchart. Is there some problem with Gold and Silver data feeds from Barchart in MC? I noticed that other users had issues in the past with Gold and Silver feeds, but I am not sure whether their issues got resolved.
Thomas

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: XAUUSD, XAUCAD, feed in MC through Barcharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 19 Jul 2019

Hello, tkorossyt

If the data is displayed correctly and fully loaded on a chart (“backfilling”, or “establishing connection” is not shown in the Status Line); a signal is applied via Insert -> Signal menu; the signal’s status is “on” in Format -> Signal menu; “calculating” is not displayed next to the signal name in the Status Line; then the signal is successfully applied, calculated and has produced some results.

If the strategy doesn't give any orders, it means that the conditions for order generation are not met. Please study the codes of the signals that you use and print out their calculation to understand what is going on:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... t_Executed

Return to “MultiCharts”