UpdateonEverytick ON vs OFF

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
lordsriram

UpdateonEverytick ON vs OFF

Postby lordsriram » 17 Jul 2019

I have the following settings

[IOGMode(IOGMode.Enabled)]
[SkipIdenticalTicks(true)]
[UpdateOnEveryTick(true)]
[SameAsSymbol(true)]

I have a primary symbol and another symbol that i manually manage using trademanager (this symbol is in resolution.seconds). Towards the End of day, my CPU usage goes near 100% and then my RAM got completely used up. It is 16GB ram. Today, it crashed and I sent logs to Multicharts. I am curious as to what will happen if I turn off UpdateonEverytick to False. What will the IOG mode be in that case and will it run every second or some configured time. I dont need tick level calculation of these stocks. I am good with every second calculation.

Thanks
Sriram

Anna MultiCharts

Re: UpdateonEverytick ON vs OFF

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 25 Jul 2019

Hello, lordsriram!

We’ve found your dumps. Please specify how often does this happen on your end and what steps and setup are required for reproducing this issue.

Upd: The dumps analysis showed that you requested 7129 identical data series of 1 second resolution for one and the same instrument that led to the huge memory consumption. Do you have this many charts, or maybe you use DataLoader?

lordsriram

Postby lordsriram » 26 Jul 2019

Anna

This happens only at the last minute bar. I have only one chart. I am loading a 4 hour chart of a stock and then have another stock that i use trade manager to manually place orders and use one data loader to get quotes of the other stock that is traded manually. I can see this every day at that last minute of trading and most of the time, there is high usage of RAM and CPU, but no crashing. I used to have resolution at TICK and changed it to seconds to see if this will fix the issue.

Let me know if you require any further information.

Thanks
Sriram

lordsriram

Postby lordsriram » 26 Jul 2019

the attachment has the last minute CPU usage as of 7/26/19. Looks like there are atleast 56Seconds of Quotes backed up in the system to process during market close. there is a red square in the multicharts screen near the bottom of the screenshot
Attachments
Annotation 2019-07-26 130134.png
(74.42 KiB) Downloaded 285 times

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 29 Jul 2019

lordsriram,

to proceed with the analysis we’ll need you to send us the logs right after the issue is reproduced next time. Also most likely we’ll need to reproduce this on our end, so we’ll need you to provide us with the complete setup that’s required to reproduce the crash:
1. The workspace;
2. Export of used symbols (with data) in .qmd: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... rting_Data;
3. The exported scripts with all dependent functions that are used on the workspace (note: we don't need your signals specifically, only those signals with which the issue is reproduced. If the same is reproduced with the pre-built signals, that's totally fine): http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... ng_Studies;
4. The screenshots demonstrating the issue.
5. Step-by-step instruction how to reproduce the issue.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”