Trailing stop with Webank  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
auato

Trailing stop with Webank

Postby auato » 26 Jul 2019

Hello everyone,
I am using Webank and looking at the MC supported broker page for this broker there is a limitated compatibility ( emulated OCO, emulated position P&L, not available account P&L). Will the trailingpercent command run by itself or it will be necessary to implement some lines of code to emulate this command as a workaround in your opinion?

Thank you vero much

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Trailing stop with Webank

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 26 Jul 2019

Hello, auato,

The trailing stop wiil be emulated locally by MultiCharts without any additional coding.

auato

Postby auato » 26 Jul 2019

OK Svetlana I only have to set the IOG and nothing else, right?
Thank you

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Jul 2019

OK Svetlana I only have to set the IOG and nothing else, right?
Thank you
See post #5
viewtopic.php?t=10811

Pay special attention to note about IOG.

auato

Postby auato » 30 Jul 2019

Thanks @Svetlana and @TJ.

Another question, please...

In some notes written step-by-step to keep trace about my experience with MC I also found a comment of mine which says that if I want to implement all those commands like setstopposition, setprofittarget, setstoploss, setpercenttrailing and so on in real trading (no backtest) it will be necessary to activate IOG. Is it true?

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Trailing stop with Webank  [SOLVED]

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 30 Jul 2019

auato,

When a special order (e.g. setprofittarget, setstoploss, setpercenttrailing) is not under an IF statement – it is evaluated intra-bar (even if IOG is off).
The order will be placed and remain active while position is open automatically without additional programming.

When a special order is under an IF statement – it is evaluated on bar close (if IOG is off) and intra-bar (if IOG is on).
The order will be placed once the IF statement is met and the position is open.
The order will be active only while the IF statement is met and the position is open.

auato

Postby auato » 30 Jul 2019

Perfectly clear, Svetlana. Thank you very much!

auato

Postby auato » 01 Aug 2019

Hi Svetlana, sorry.... I resume again this thread because other doubts are coming.

As I am working with Webank there is an interconnection between MC and the broker interface called T3Open and I am experiencing some holes maybe due to Internet outtake for a short time. So it is better to reload from time to time the chart (I generally use .rld command). When the chart is in SA mode with a trade open, the rld command automatically deactivates the Sync Autotrading and I have to switch it on again.

• My question is : does this operation (.rld) affect the variables into setpercenttrailing or the does the signal holds its parameters?
  • Second question is: every morning I need to restart the Webank interface (it's not a choice of mine, it's mandatory by the broker) and that produces a disconnection of MC. The consequence is that also the Autotrading switchs off but I also presume that the signal running on the chart loses all parameters if a trade was active as I noticed that, beyond the SA switching off, also the chart doesn't have any entryprice and marketposition anymore.
    I could also act manually turning on SA and inserting the marketposition and entryprice by the window "assign market position" but I think that setpercenttrailing will lose all parameters as well. What type of workaround can you suggest to adopt?

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 01 Aug 2019

auato,

When auto trading is initially started/restarted in SA mode - the strategy position is flat (zero). If you have an open position at the broker and you want your strategy to continue managing this position - you need to feed this position to the strategy:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... r_Settings
Please keep in mind that only the open position information is synchronized (direction, number of contracts, avg entry price), active price orders you have at broker cannot be synchronized. It means you need to manually cancel the active orders at broker, and if conditions for generating these orders are met, auto trading will place them.
If auto trading is restarted, the special orders don’t keep the calculated values (as the gained profit). The calculation will start from the initial entry.

auato

Postby auato » 05 Aug 2019

Hello Svetlana,
You say
The trailing stop wiil be emulated locally by MultiCharts without any additional coding.
but actually the interface between MC and Webank-T3 is a disaster. This morning I tried for the first time how Webank manages a setpercenttrailing led by MC with a simple code and with flooramt=50 and 15% of retrace. Once entered short 1 contract, when the price excedeed the flooramt and retraced over 15% it should have closed the position but the command has been rejected by the broker. After about 1 second, another buy command has been automatically sent to close the position and it did. I thought that maybe it was a normal behavior to convert an unknown trailing command into a manual command but actually it made a mess: it sent 1 second later other two trailing commands to close the short position, (of course rejected and not filled) and followed by other two buy and manual-like commands. At the end, instead to get my short position closed, I found two long positions open. I will submit these details to the MC support because you can't state compatibility of your product with Webank but honestly I am also thinking it will be better if I don't waste time with Webank and move to Interactive Brokers. How is the IB behavior in these cases/scenarios with active price orders like setpercenttrailing?

Thank you

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 06 Aug 2019

auato,

Please send us logs via Help -> Feedback so that we could investigate the specific issue you had with Webank.
Please select the options:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach log files…;
Include backup of logs…;
Upload collected data to help desk.
Please specify the Order ID (Order and Position Tracker -> Orders tab -> Broker Order ID) with which you had the issue in the description.
Uncheck other options and click Send.

Webank has a number of limitations: Stop and Stop-Limit orders are not supported and emulated as Limit orders, modification of orders is emulated by cancelling and placing a new order.
IB supports Market, Limit, Stop and Stop-Limit orders on their end:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... rder_Types

You can check with IB support if they can provide you a demo account to test if it suits your particular needs better than others.

auato

Postby auato » 06 Aug 2019

Svetlana, I sent my logs as you recommend. Meanwhile I am moving to IB. Does anyone of you, MC users, experienced setpercenttrailing or other particular "set" commands with IB?
Thank you

Return to “MultiCharts”