Auto build of scanner changed data range on me

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Auto build of scanner changed data range on me

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Aug 2019

Hi, I solved this myself but I thought I would pass it on.

Background:
I use MS-Access to build a new short scanner list each day. I build the scanner list in the watch list area so I can get real time data fed into MS-access.. The resolutions inserted in the scanner are 1min, 5min, 15min, 30min, daily, weekly. The data series is suppose to be 520 bars back for every entry. Normally it retains the 520 bars back for every scanner entry. However as the attached png picture shows it did the 1min, 5min, and 15min correctly but for the rest it changed the data range to 1 days back and the strange results showing in the scanner png picture appeared. Of course my MS-access program would not be able to obtain the proper RSI, %R and Bollinger Band data the scanner is sending to it.

How I solved it.
I basically just ran the MS-Access auto build of the short scanner list again. However before I did that just to be sure I changed the messed up watch list entries to all have a 30 minute resolution and a 520 bars data series hoping that would prevent the error from occurring again. So whether my efforts helped or not I do not know but at least it built it correctly this time. It has built it correctly every time before (maybe 4 times in total).

One comment. I was thinking I would need to change the MS-Access send key commands to force the 520 bars entry. So I checked and there is no way for MS-Access to do this since MS-Access can only send key strokes (it cannot send mouse clicks). I could not find any way to use key strokes to get to the "Format Instrument" dialog box let along the 2nd tab over (the Settings Tab).

So what I have done for now at least is the popups that come at the end of my MS-Access build run remind me to check the lower entries that are hidden way from me to be sure that all rows appear correctly and if they do not to check the data series setting to see if that is the issue.

John

ScannerProblem.png
(162.94 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

bowlesj3

Re: Auto build of scanner changed data range on me

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Aug 2019

I might be able to get MS-Access to kick of a MacroExpress macro that could send the mouse clicks to ensure that the data range is 520. I have never had access initiate MacroExpress before but it might be interesting to try it.

Return to “MultiCharts”