IQ Feed Rollover description in MC?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Salzburg

IQ Feed Rollover description in MC?

Postby Salzburg » 23 Aug 2019

I am looking at my QCL continues contract from IQ, it still shows july in description, and its seem to be a common thing, that contracts does not show the actual traded contract, despite that IQ provides this info in their api to MC, is this not something that can be fixed, so you can be sure what contract it has rollovered to ? according to IQ, they provide this info to MC when they rollover, and they "rollover" the question to MC , why this is the case?

Any feedback on this ?

Cheers

Henry MultiСharts

Re: IQ Feed Rollover description in MC?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Aug 2019

Hello Salzburg,

Symbol Description is received from the API and assigned to the symbol when you add it. It is not something that is received from the data vendor on a real-time basis. In case of IQFeed, Symbol Description does not affect your ability for receiving the data. If you need to update the description, you will need to do it manually, or simply by re-adding the symbol via Symbol Lookup.

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 24 Aug 2019

Thank you Henry, but if the API is providing the info such as the change of description that changes when a rollover is done, why not change the description so it matches what its actually is providing data for ? A continues future contract is not added multiple times, you ad the symbol in the QMD once, and then it updates when the rollover changes, so for the user it would make very much sense that the description reflects the updated data description that the api does in fact provides from IQ..

Dont you think it would make sense for the user? since the API provides the info to MC, i dont see why you cant update it ? it would be of benefit for all future traders i believe..

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 28 Aug 2019

Any Feedback Henry ? thanks in advance

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 29 Aug 2019

This seems to have been up and discussed before, however it was confirmed that a change in description should happen, but not perhaps until the day after etc.. but in this case it never happens, and as discussed with IQ, they do provide the correct description in their api to MC, can MC please provide feeback, it really creates some very serious issues if you cant look at a description of a continous contract and be certain to 100% what month the prices reflect, right now i am looking at a July description on my chart for a continuous contract showing september month price contract.

I think a correct reflecting description would benefit the whole MC community, and should be an easy fix since the information is provided to you from the data provider.

Thank you in advance

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 29 Aug 2019

Hello, Salzburg,

Please refer to this thread.

Return to “MultiCharts”