Beta 1 ver 14 MC.Net - new VP tool missing capabilities  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
johnromeronc

Beta 1 ver 14 MC.Net - new VP tool missing capabilities  [SOLVED]

Postby johnromeronc » 20 Sep 2019

Maybe this is working as designed, but I feel it is missing needed capabilities similar to what is available in the Chart Data (tab) Volume Profile. It is the ability to only see the features you want and not having to seeing ones you do not want. It makes it TMI - too much information. There are some of the options within Data VP that would not be needed in the Tool, Ex -> all of the developing items.

My needs are the ability of the drawing VP tool to show me -> High, Low, POC, Value High and Value Low lines -> only <-.

To be able to manipulate the line colors and widths would be a nice to have.

I need the ability to interrogate each drawn tool and get data for the values range High, Low, POC,VH,VL, bar # of end (latest bar #) for each drawn object.

Can you also provide some insight to how many VP tool instances would I be able to have in a 2 workspaces, before affecting performance? If it is not known, I'll play with that later. I estimate I would have an Avg of 4 each day on 6 charts. I load 5 days of data. So an avg of 120 instances. Or do I need to only keep a working set for the last / current day only?

Side question, what happens if I have objects that are older than the data I am loading? Is there a way for me to program / auto run / menu item to select to be able to delete / remove them from the list of objects tied to this chart. If they are not in the date/time range of what is being loaded by the symbol, are they all loaded or only matching within sybmol date range.

JohnR

Additional info available in Chart data tab for VP
MC_Net Beta VP tool missing capabilities.jpg
(104.14 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Beta 1 ver 14 MC.Net - new VP tool missing capabilities

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Oct 2019

Maybe this is working as designed, but I feel it is missing needed capabilities similar to what is available in the Chart Data (tab) Volume Profile.
Hello John,

Volume Profile for the instrument and the Volume Profile drawing tool have the same settings. Please specify the exact settings that you consider to be missing for the VP drawing.
It is the ability to only see the features you want and not having to seeing ones you do not want. It makes it TMI - too much information. There are some of the options within Data VP that would not be needed in the Tool, Ex -> all of the developing items.
The values that you don't want to see can be set to "Invisible". Or you want to completely hide some of the items to make the settings list shorter?
My needs are the ability of the drawing VP tool to show me -> High, Low, POC, Value High and Value Low lines -> only <-. To be able to manipulate the line colors and widths would be a nice to have.
That seems to be possible. Please elaborate which exact settings/values you were unable to get/configure.
I need the ability to interrogate each drawn tool and get data for the values range High, Low, POC,VH,VL, bar # of end (latest bar #) for each drawn object.
Do you want to access these values programmatically?
Can you also provide some insight to how many VP tool instances would I be able to have in a 2 workspaces, before affecting performance?
It depends on your hardware and your chart/drawing setup. MC 14 shows alerts if you are nearing the resources/performance limits.
Side question, what happens if I have objects that are older than the data I am loading? Is there a way for me to program / auto run / menu item to select to be able to delete / remove them from the list of objects tied to this chart. If they are not in the date/time range of what is being loaded by the symbol, are they all loaded or only matching within sybmol date range.
The objects that are not visible on the chart are not utilizing the resources.

johnromeronc

Postby johnromeronc » 14 Oct 2019

Henry,

I must have had a brain fart the day I submitted this. as missing capabilities. I know the triangle in front of Style gets me what I want in the way of drawing capabilities.

I requested --> I need the ability to interrogate each drawn tool and get data for the values range High, Low, POC,VH,VL, bar # of end (latest bar #) for each drawn object.
Henry - You replied --> Do you want to access these values programmatically?

Yes, I would like to have the ability to read the following values of each drawn object
- Bar # (or date/time) of end of drawing object
- VAH
- VAL
- POC

John

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Oct 2019

John,

At the moment there is no way to programmatically access the values of the Volume Profile Drawing. This is not a trivial functionality and it does not fit our current roadmap, but it may considered in the future if there is enough demand for it.

Attached you can find a sample code for accessing the values of Volume Profile enabled for the chart.
Attachments
HighVA_LowVA_POC.pln
(1.3 KiB) Downloaded 274 times

johnromeronc

Postby johnromeronc » 22 Oct 2019

Henry,
Thanks for the update and time line. Since getting access to the data for each drawing tool is complicated, a possible solution would be to send an event when a VP tool was created, moved or edited. You have to perform all of the calculation, so maybe just before exiting, send an event with tool ID of some kind, POC, VAH, VAL, High Price, Low Price, End Barnum, Date/time.

using Events as a method to give users access to all tools. Example, for pitch forks, the event would supply the following structure
Tool_ID
Point #1 - Base
Date /Time
BarNumber
Price
Point #2
same info
Point #3
same info

John
BarID

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”