RT Text in Subcharts code help  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sky

RT Text in Subcharts code help

Postby Sky » 25 Oct 2019

Hi everyone,

I have 5 data series of timeframes (15m-1d) stacked. I run the same indicator over the 5 timeframes and would like to see the RT values of the indicator running in the appropriate subcharts?

I have attempted to setup the LastBarOnChart function with my text routines but just can't seem to get it operating. I'm using text_new_self in the code but still no text in my subcharts…..can this be done? I have my instruments hidden so I can overlay the indicators on the subcharts.

Any help is always appreciated....good trading to all.

Attachments
NeedLBOCtext4subcharts_20191025.png
(50.2 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

TJ

Re: RT Text in Subcharts code help

Postby TJ » 25 Oct 2019

What are the resolutions of the 5 data series ?

Which is data1 ?

Sky

Postby Sky » 26 Oct 2019

Hi TJ....I knew I could count on you old friend....and I know you are still here kicking the can down the road with me. Hope all is well with you sir.

I have the same indicator stacked in the chart window from a data1 series at 15m, data2 = 30m, d3=60m, d4=120m and data5 = 1 day. I have hidden the instruments on the subcharts and placed the indicator in that window based on the underlying time frame instrument.

My hope was to be able to view the values in RT during market trading hours? I thought using the LBOC I might be able to view the value on the actual indicator during the building of the current bar, but I cannot seem to get it working. Am I just miss coding the use of LBOC, or maybe I have hit a MC snag for getting this accomplished?

Thanks again for any direction you may have from your extensive bag of MC tricks. Peace

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Oct 2019

This is a coding question; You need to post your codes.

Please write some notes on the screenshot to illustrate:
1. What is wrong
2. What are you expecting to see

Sky

Postby Sky » 26 Oct 2019

OK...here is a side by side of what I would like to view during RTH. On the RH chart are the values of the indicators as they build with each underlying data series set (i.e. subchart 3 is indicator value of 30m data series, etc.), or so I would hope to view during RTH. On the LH chart is what I see during RTH, (all subcharts display 0.00). Both charts are IDENTICAL in there formatting, scaling, etc., but the indicators are different (LH chart has a quicker action indcator). If I replace the RH chart (displaying the desired RTH values) with the LH chart indicators (faster indicator has exact same code layout as RH chart indicator, just adjusted variables for quicker price action) I will get the 0.00 values in all subcharts. Hmmmm.....also, on the RH chart, all the "visual order" lines are greyed out and no choice can be made, but not on the LH (unwanted) chart, there I can push it to front or back, but still no values appear.

This pic was taken on a closed market with no data source active. And, there is no LBOC code in any of the code for any of the visible indicators.

But, my question is: in order to view the subchart indicator values on the RH chart during RTH will my code need the LBOC function?

If yes, then it's just a matter of finding the correct injection point for the function, else, it is not possible to view the multiple data series indicator values during RTH (which seems unreasonable for MC) ?

Hope this clears up the query.

Attachments
NeedLBOCtext4subcharts_20191025_2.png
(101.7 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Oct 2019

Sorry I do not understand what you are trying to achieve . . .

Sky

Postby Sky » 26 Oct 2019

Hey, thanks TJ....let me investigate LBOC....never used it b4, so it may be the key. I will leave this unsolved at this time, until I complete the work.

TJ

Postby TJ » 27 Oct 2019

You need to start from Step-Zero . . .

Forget about whatever you have tried. Forget about LBOC . . .

Start by describing what do you want to achieve on the screen.
Draw a diagram(s) to illustrate your vision.

Sky

Re: RT Text in Subcharts code help  [SOLVED]

Postby Sky » 29 Oct 2019

Ok.....something just did not seem right to me, so I rebuilt the WS charts and all is right in the MC indicator values world now....apparently a small digital SNAFU with the build of my chart.

TJ....thanks for the patience and I'm happy to not have to code more stuff.....after 50 years of mousing and keyboards, my hands and carpels would like to take it a little slower these days, as I am sure you understand. Thanks again bro....all is well....solved.....peace :D

Return to “MultiCharts”