MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 2

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 2

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Nov 2019

MultiCharts 14.0 Beta 2 is available for download now (64-bit build 19171)!

Featuring the Volume Profile drawing tool, faster Volume Profile built out of minute/daily data, Historical Data Downloader and many other usability and stability improvements!

This Beta version is featured as a separate product with isolated application/ database/ study folders. You can have this Beta installed alongside your main MultiCharts64 installation to fully test all of the new features without affecting your current version. Use our Backup and Restore apps to easily move your user data between the products.

Check our blog for the complete list of all new features and improvements in this version.

>>> Go to MultiCharts 12.0 Beta 2 download page <<<

syswizard

Re: MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 2

Postby syswizard » 07 Nov 2019

I have changed the location of the directories (File, Preferences, Misc). Will this be a problem with installing Beta 2 ?
Also, will my studies need to be recompiled ?

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 08 Nov 2019

Thanks for this update !

I read from the blog:
Usability/Visual: Added icons to the Format Objects window.

I don't see any differences... what am I missing ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Nov 2019

I have changed the location of the directories (File, Preferences, Misc). Will this be a problem with installing Beta 2 ?
Also, will my studies need to be recompiled ?
Hello syswizard,

Custom installation and user data paths are preserved upon update.
There is an option to recompile the studies that you can disable before the installation starts.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Nov 2019

Thanks for this update !

I read from the blog:
Usability/Visual: Added icons to the Format Objects window.

I don't see any differences... what am I missing ?
These are coming in one of the future updates. We are sorry about that.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 22 Nov 2019

I am getting two yellow error messages in right lower corner of my screen:
#1:
Order and Position Tracker Test Error Message:
The channel of sending to the Order and Position Tracker window is blocked or the messages queue is too long
for the test messages to be handled within 10000 ms.
#2:
The test message was delivered in the order and position tracker window with a delay.
Sent at 10:54:29.327, received at 10:54:31.371.

Nothing is happening at the time of the error messages other than collecting realtime data for three symbols...NQ, ES for 200 ticks....and ES for 5 minutes. Other charts contain daily data.
Beta-Order And Position Error.PNG
(16.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Nov 2019

I am getting two yellow error messages in right lower corner of my screen:
#1:
The channel of sending to the Order and Position Tracker window is blocked or the messages queue is too long
for the test messages to be handled within 10000 ms.
#2:
The test message was delivered in the order and position tracker window with a delay.
Sent at 10:54:29.327, received at 10:54:31.371.

Nothing is happening at the time of the error messages other than collecting realtime data for three symbols...NQ, ES for 200 ticks....and ES for 5 minutes. Other charts contain daily data.

Beta-Order And Position Error.PNG
MultiCharts has an internal system for checking the data exchange channel between the TradingServer process and Order and Position Tracker. As soon as TradingServer is started, it begins generating test messages. When Order and Position Tracker window is created, it receives the messages and compares the time of the message generation (stated in the text of the message) with the current time of the computer. If the difference is bigger than 1 sec, the bottom notification from your screenshot is displayed. If no messages are received by Order and Position Tracker during 10 seconds, the top notification from your screenshot is shown.
As soon as all Order and Position Tracker windows are closed, these timeouts are no longer monitored.

Possible reasons for the delay:
- too many updates in Order and Position Tracker. This includes orders, positions, alerts, logs, etc. Everything that's displayed in Order and Position Tracker passes through this channel. That is required to decrease the number of the clients (Order and Position Tracker windows), autotrading charts, open positions, orders, connected broker profiles and/or the number of alerts generated by the studies.
- overall CPU load can also affect the speed of the data exchange through this channel.

wegi

Postby wegi » 25 Nov 2019

Hi,

i tested the mc beta and i have still the same issue with the function "display entire series", as i posted although for the mc12 beta here:
viewtopic.php?p=131577#p131577

I am still at the latest version 11. With this version, i can display 10 years of 11 minute intraday data in one chart. with the latest beta, the chart shows only half a year if i press: "display entire series". Half a year i nothing if you want to check your strategy equity

Not sure why there was this change, but its a huge problem for me, because for my strategies i need to see the whole chart for the entire series at one screen. i have custom strategy equity, and the only way to see this in total is at the chart.

is there any way to get this back?

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 25 Nov 2019

- too many updates in Order and Position Tracker. This includes orders, positions, alerts, logs, etc. Everything that's displayed in Order and Position Tracker passes through this channel. That is required to decrease the number of the clients (Order and Position Tracker windows), autotrading charts, open positions, orders, connected broker profiles and/or the number of alerts generated by the studies.
- overall CPU load can also affect the speed of the data exchange through this channel.
I answer "no" to all of the above issues including CPU load. The only thing it can be is "# of alerts generated by the studies". I am not displaying the alerts (AlertEnabled = False), but they are being logged. It is significant to note that the same workspaces and charts and indicators are being used in MC 14 as were in MC 12....and I never got this set of messages in MC 12.
I just got the attached error message when starting-up MC14....nothing was going on at the time.
Beta-Order And Position Error2.PNG
(8 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Jimmyrakete

Order Delay

Postby Jimmyrakete » 26 Nov 2019

I have extreme order delays when executing via Interactiv Broker.

it takes a very long time to see the order bars in the chart.

When deleting the order there is a very long delay and the chart almost freezes.

I get the following error message.

with the standard version 12 this behavior is not to be observed
Attachments
Screenshot_4.png
(17.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Nov 2019

Hi,

i tested the mc beta and i have still the same issue with the function "display entire series", as i posted although for the mc12 beta here:
viewtopic.php?p=131577#p131577

I am still at the latest version 11. With this version, i can display 10 years of 11 minute intraday data in one chart. with the latest beta, the chart shows only half a year if i press: "display entire series". Half a year i nothing if you want to check your strategy equity

Not sure why there was this change, but its a huge problem for me, because for my strategies i need to see the whole chart for the entire series at one screen. i have custom strategy equity, and the only way to see this in total is at the chart.

is there any way to get this back?
Wegi, as previously indicated - this new behavior is by design. This change was done to address the performance issues that may appear when there are too many data points and drawings when the chart is collapsed. The minimum supported Bar Spacing value is now 1/1000. By default it it 1/10 though. In order to get 1/1000 - unzip and import the attached reg file, then restart all MultiCharts processes. After that is done, the Bar Spacing can be set to 1/1000.
Attachments
MC64_MinValueDenominator.zip
(360 Bytes) Downloaded 142 times

Henry MultiСharts

I answer "no" to all of the above issues including CPU load. The only thing it can be is "# of alerts generated by the studies". I am not displaying the alerts (AlertEnabled = False), but they are being logged. It is significant to note that the same workspaces and charts and indicators are being used in MC 14 as were in MC 12....and I never got this set of messages in MC 12.
I just got the attached error message when starting-up MC14....nothing was going on at the time.Beta-Order And Position Error2.PNG
These alerts were added in MC 14, there was no such functionality in MC 12. We have added the ability to change the timeouts for these alert events in MC 14 Beta 3 (File->Preferences->Trading->Fail-safe and trading system warnings).

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Order Delay

I have extreme order delays when executing via Interactiv Broker.

it takes a very long time to see the order bars in the chart.

When deleting the order there is a very long delay and the chart almost freezes.

I get the following error message.

with the standard version 12 this behavior is not to be observed
Most likely this is related to IB demo environment. You can try using a Sim account or the prebuilt Paper Trader broker profile:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... per_Trader

Henry MultiСharts

Return to “MultiCharts”