another Heikin Ashi curiosity

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
auato

another Heikin Ashi curiosity

Postby auato » 22 Nov 2019

Hello,
I tried to search somewhere in some old threads but I have not found the answer I am looking for.
I have the same symbol in two subcharts: in subchart1 there are the regular bars to trade, in the subchart2 the symbol is set as heikin ashi bars. I would like to use the closure of heikin ashi bars in subchart2 to trigger the real trade in subchart1 using the dual stream feature. So if in my code I write the statement "Close of Data2", is that closure intended as the value of close calculated in heikin ashi?
Or do I need to calculate by myself in my code that closure -HAclose=(O of Data2+H of Data2+L of Data2+C of Data2)/4- ??
In other words, is that HA representation functional or only a graphic format?

auato

Re: another Heikin Ashi curiosity

Postby auato » 24 Nov 2019

...and is it mandatory to use fastest time resolution for data 1?
In my study data1 is set at 240 minutes and time resolution for data2 is 1 hour with heinkin ashi

TJ

Postby TJ » 24 Nov 2019

...and is it mandatory to use fastest time resolution for data 1?
In my study data1 is set at 240 minutes and time resolution for data2 is 1 hour with heinkin ashi
There are no hard rules against it. If you can make your logic work consistently for you, all the power to you.

auato

Postby auato » 24 Nov 2019

Ok thanks again TJ. In fact I read a comment of yours "As a practice, you should always use the fastest resolution as data1"

Return to “MultiCharts”