MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 3

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 3

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Nov 2019

MultiCharts 14.0 Beta 3 is available for download now (64-bit build 19285)!

Featuring the Volume Profile drawing tool, faster Volume Profile built out of minute/daily data, Historical Data Downloader and many other usability and stability improvements!

This Beta version is featured as a separate product with isolated application/ database/ study folders. You can have this Beta installed alongside your main MultiCharts64 installation to fully test all of the new features without affecting your current version. Use our Backup and Restore apps to easily move your user data between the products.

Check our blog for the complete list of all new features and improvements in this version.

>>> Go to MultiCharts 12.0 Beta 3 download page <<<

Make sure you do not miss our Christmas Special Offer!

wegi

Re: MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 3

Postby wegi » 27 Nov 2019

Thank you Henry for the MC64_MinValueDenominator.zip. I tested it an it works. But for the beta i had to set the reg path to the open Beta program.

In the meantime i have a set of 4 registry tweaks i need. i think a documentation of it would be helpful, don´t you?

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 27 Nov 2019

Thanks for the update !

New icon buttons are nice in Format Signal dialog, but I am a bit disappointed that you did not improved its actual usability with drag and drop and checkbox (such as seen in Portfolio Trader).
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2171
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... ues/MC-378

Beside, I encounter a very slow responsivness of the signal list when using Move Up/Down buttons. It looks like it needs to refresh the whole chart in the backgroung each time I click on them, with a delay of more than 1s before it moves the signal line. This problem exists since MC14 Beta1, and does not exist at all in MC12 with the same chart.

Regards,
YM

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Nov 2019

Thank you Henry for the MC64_MinValueDenominator.zip. I tested it an it works. But for the beta i had to set the reg path to the open Beta program.

In the meantime i have a set of 4 registry tweaks i need. i think a documentation of it would be helpful, don´t you?
We will consider that, thank you.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Nov 2019

Thanks for the update !

New icon buttons are nice in Format Signal dialog, but I am a bit disappointed that you did not improved its actual usability with drag and drop and checkbox (such as seen in Portfolio Trader).
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... es/MC-2171
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... ues/MC-378
This is something that has been already targeted for MultiCharts 15.
Beside, I encounter a very slow responsivness of the signal list when using Move Up/Down buttons. It looks like it needs to refresh the whole chart in the backgroung each time I click on them, with a delay of more than 1s before it moves the signal line. This problem exists since MC14 Beta1, and does not exist at all in MC12 with the same chart.
We were unable to replicate it on our end. Please come to the live chat to demonstrate it remotely.

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 27 Nov 2019

This is something that has been already targeted for MultiCharts 15.
Great news !
We were unable to replicate it on our end. Please come to the live chat to demonstrate it remotely.
Demonstration just done. It seems that I am the only one getting this behavior :? Hope you can fix it !

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 12 Dec 2019

I am getting a socket error message related to Interactive Broker's Gateway - version 978.1b.
This occurs on start-up, but does not appear consistently from day to day.
See attached.
Attachments
MC14-Socket Error Msg.PNG
(7.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Tetsuya

Postby Tetsuya » 16 Dec 2019

Any update on when the new TT api will be supported? With the release Version 14 or is this something that would be added in a future beta version as well?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Dec 2019

I am getting a socket error message related to Interactive Broker's Gateway - version 978.1b.
This occurs on start-up, but does not appear consistently from day to day.
See attached.
syswizard, you need to make sure that every software that connects to IB app is using a unique Client ID.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Dec 2019

Any update on when the new TT api will be supported? With the release Version 14 or is this something that would be added in a future beta version as well?
Tetsuya, I'm afraid there is no ETA that we can share at the moment.

Applecabi

Re: MULTICHARTS 14.0 BETA 3 Compile error

Postby Applecabi » 17 Dec 2019

Compile Error again in Power Language Editor . This occurred just after installation of MC 14 beta 3 and restore with studies backup from MC 12.0 R8 version. Same happen in different computers with different Lifetime License. "Compile Error Line 0, column 0" occurred even trying to compile blank page (as shown in the attached file). Could anyone explain why this issue occurred?
P/S System windows 10 64 bit with latest update. Reboot was done and the same issue remained
Attachments
MC64 Open Beta PLE compile error .jpg
(59.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet

TJ

Postby TJ » 17 Dec 2019

Compile Error again in Power Language Editor . This occurred just after installation of MC 14 beta 3 and restore with studies backup from MC 12.0 R8 version. Same happen in different computers with different Lifetime License. "Compile Error Line 0, column 0" occurred even trying to compile blank page (as shown in the attached file). Could anyone explain why this issue occurred?
P/S System windows 10 64 bit with latest update. Reboot was done and the same issue remained
Did you open MultiCharts as Administrator?

Applecabi

Postby Applecabi » 18 Dec 2019

Did you open MultiCharts as Administrator?
Yes I open MC as Administrator. This issue has been reported multiple times in previous version since I began to use MC64 Ver 9 and was told to have been fixed at ver 12. Just no one could explain why it occurred.

LRP

Postby LRP » 18 Dec 2019

Thank you for the update, looks great so far.
Please check the Strategy Reports in case of combined eg. 2 Signals. There is a big mess up at my site with the results, if I switch eg. 1 or 2 Signal(s) on/off and back again" in MC Beta 3. But not so in Build 19065.
Kind regards, LRP

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Dec 2019

Applecabi, please replicate the compilation error on your PC and email to support the following file from your PC:
"C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts64\StudyServer\Studies\compiler_error.log"
You can also come to the Live Chat for the remote assistance.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Dec 2019

Please check the Strategy Reports in case of combined eg. 2 Signals. There is a big mess up at my site with the results, if I switch eg. 1 or 2 Signal(s) on/off and back again" in MC Beta 3. But not so in Build 19065.
Kind regards, LRP
LRP, please replicate the issue using the prebuilt signals and email to support the screenshots demonstrating the issue you have as well as the workspace you have used.

LRP

Postby LRP » 20 Dec 2019

Kind regards, LRP
LRP, please replicate the issue using the prebuilt signals and email to support the screenshots demonstrating the issue you have as well as the workspace you have used.
OK, done. Thanks for your feedback.
Kind regards, LRP

LRP

Postby LRP » 21 Dec 2019

Kind regards, LRP
OK, done. Thanks for your feedback.
Kind regards, LRP
Thanks a lot Henry for your very fast feedback via email to enlight me on this topic. As I understand, for the same symbol and resolution it is not meaningfull to compare the summary result of two single separate strategies with the result of these combined signals in one chart. Regardless of the settings of "Strategy/Properties/Position Limits" because the execution engine treats the orders of the two strategies at the same chart in different priorities.
Solution: Trade in two different charts or even better as I found out, use PortfolioTrader with the two strategies in a Portfolio to get a comprehensive picture of the combined trading strategies.
I am really amazed about the capabilities of Multicharts and the responsiveness of the team.
Multicharts is the best trading software out there (IMHO). 8)
Kind Regards, LRP

LRP

Postby LRP » 26 Dec 2019

If a system is set and enabeld to "Bar Magnifier" intraday e.g. 1 Minute, the chart is "awaiting for data...." very long to eternity
In MC 19396 it takes seconds to get the datas

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Dec 2019

If a system is set and enabeld to "Bar Magnifier" intraday e.g. 1 Minute, the chart is "awaiting for data...." very long to eternity
LRP, do you experience the same behavior after you restart your PC? Have you tried using the same workspace in offline mode?

LRP

Postby LRP » 26 Dec 2019

LRP, do you experience the same behavior after you restart your PC? Have you tried using the same workspace in offline mode?
After restart my PC, the problem did not occur again. Any clue why that happens? Thank you very much.

LRP

Postby LRP » 02 Jan 2020

Do I something wrong, there are missing Values in eg. "Data Windows" and "ChartHint" of Data2 and on its based indicators?
Resolutions: Data1: 5 Minutes and Data2 Daily.

Attachments
Missing Data in Data Window.jpg
(136.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Jan 2020

Do I something wrong, there are missing Values in eg. "Data Windows" and "ChartHint" of Data2 and on its based indicators?
Resolutions: Data1: 5 Minutes and Data2 Daily.
Bars on Data1 and Data2 have different timestamps. The values for both data series (and the respective indicators) will be shown in Data Window only when you point to a timestamp that has bars for both data series.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 06 Feb 2020

Beta 3 has been out for quite a while. Is Beta 4 forthcoming ?

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 11 Feb 2020

Recent message from MC 14...see attached.
CPU utilization running no more than 10-15% of total CPU. Trading activity light, so no reason for the delay.
MC14-Test Message-Order Position Tracker.PNG
(8.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Smoky

Process not reponding

Postby Smoky » 23 Feb 2020

i think MC need to change setup about not reponding popup.

Normaly this is manage by the OS and Win10 regedit key...

but on my laptop I9 9900K all the process never use than 20% of power for all MC process and only MC usage !

The UC never go in boost 4.5 ghz then i think MC don't use full power of my laptop....
mc not responding on I9 9900K lol.png
(1.86 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Smoky

Issue with Barstatus(x)=0 on RENKO charts

Postby Smoky » 24 Feb 2020

i use this setup:
2020-02-24 07_30_31-Format Instrument.png
renko setup one
(12.65 KiB) Not downloaded yet

barstatus=0 is not working on simple and multiple datas series, on MC 14 and MC 12, fist i think the mistake was with open setup, i try also this setup
with "Show Real Open"

2020-02-24 07_25_17-Format Instrument.png
renko setup two
(12.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet

same same... easy to reproduce, try this code :

Code: Select all

vars: intrabarpersist Bar1(0), intrabarpersist Bar2(0), intrabarpersist Bar3(0); //first serie Bar1=(Symbol_CurrentBar data1); if barstatus(1)=0 then begin messagelog(Symbol_CurrentBar," Bar data1 OPEN ",numtostr(Bar1,0)); end; if barstatus(1)=1 then begin messagelog(Symbol_CurrentBar," Bar data1 middle ",numtostr(Bar1,0)); end; if barstatus(1)=2 then begin messagelog(Symbol_CurrentBar," Bar data1 close ",numtostr(Bar1,0)); end; //test second serie Bar2=(Symbol_CurrentBar data2); if barstatus(2)=0 then begin messagelog(Symbol_CurrentBar," Bar data2 OPEN ",numtostr(Bar2,0)); end; if barstatus(2)=1 then begin messagelog(Symbol_CurrentBar," Bar data2 middle ",numtostr(Bar2,0)); end; if barstatus(2)=2 then begin messagelog(Symbol_CurrentBar," Bar data2 close ",numtostr(Bar2,0)); end; //test third serie Bar3=(Symbol_CurrentBar data3); if barstatus(3)=0 then begin messagelog(Symbol_CurrentBar," Bar data3 OPEN ",numtostr(Bar3,0)); end; if barstatus(3)=1 then begin messagelog(Symbol_CurrentBar," Bar data3 middle ",numtostr(Bar3,0)); end; if barstatus(3)=2 then begin messagelog(Symbol_CurrentBar," Bar data3 close ",numtostr(Bar3,0)); end;

i have never seen the word "OPEN" on the messagelog file...

please can your dev team fix this ?

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 11 Mar 2020

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 16 Mar 2020

Anna 3 WEEKS without any answer !

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 17 Mar 2020

Hello Smoky,

Apologies for the delay. Forum is a delayed response tool. If the issue is urgent, please report it through other support channels.

On the Renko bars the “barstatus(1)=0” condition will only work in realtime.
You can try disabling the Skip identical ticks option in the indicator settings.
If this doesn’t help, it could be that the configuration of the data series used influences the calculations, and in this case you can try changing the state of the Realtime-History matching option.

In any case to be able to determine the root of the issue it will be required to simplify the testing case to just one data series. Please install Beta 4 and test the case in the simlified environment.

Smoky

Re: Issue with Barstatus(x)=0 on RENKO charts

Postby Smoky » 08 Apr 2020

hi, Anna please read agin my post, before send a message to your team i take many time to control and try to find a workaround, when i can do nothing i write a message in your forum.

barstatus=0 is not working on simple and multiple datas series, on MC 14 and MC 12, fist i think the mistake was with open setup, i try also this setup
with "Show Real Open"
this issue is on your side

(same issue with beta 4)

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 14 Apr 2020

Smoky,

We tried to reproduce this issue on our end using just one data series, as you describe:
barstatus=0 is not working on simple and multiple datas series
We applied your indicator to a Renko chart and saw this:

Code: Select all

3974.00 Bar data1 close 3974 3975.00 Bar data1 close 3975 3976.00 Bar data1 close 3976 3977.00 Bar data1 OPEN 3977 3977.00 Bar data1 middle 3977 3977.00 Bar data1 middle 3977 3977.00 Bar data1 middle 3977 3977.00 Bar data1 middle 3977 3977.00 Bar data1 middle 3977 3977.00 Bar data1 middle 3977 3977.00 Bar data1 middle 3977 3977.00 Bar data1 middle 3977 3977.00 Bar data1 middle 3977 3977.00 Bar data1 close 3977 3978.00 Bar data1 OPEN 3978 3978.00 Bar data1 middle 3978 3978.00 Bar data1 close 3978 3979.00 Bar data1 OPEN 3979 3979.00 Bar data1 middle 3979 3979.00 Bar data1 middle 3979 3979.00 Bar data1 close 3979 3980.00 Bar data1 OPEN 3980 3980.00 Bar data1 middle 3980 3980.00 Bar data1 middle 3980 3980.00 Bar data1 close 3980 3981.00 Bar data1 OPEN 3981 3981.00 Bar data1 middle 3981
On the entire data series all bars have Barstatus = 1.

Please be more specific what exactly you find incorrect. Do you mean that you see Open in your Output? This is not an issue, it is the bar open.

If the issue you are referring to can be reproduced, please provide us the complete setup for reproducing it on our end: your workspace, export of your indicator in PLA, export of data for the symbol. Specify the detailed step-by-step instruction.

Also, if the issue is easily seen with just one data series, please let us know why you posted the study that references 3 data series. If it is important, please describe why.

Describe your expectations and how it doesn’t meet your results. E.g. “on bar #555 I expected to find that it is closed, but in the output I see that it is open”. Be as specific as possible.

If we cannot reproduce the issue we won’t be able to fix anything, so we are hoping for your collaboration so we could help you.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 26 Apr 2020

Anna, every thing is ok in real time of course, but for a long time i don't use your backtest and i made a test with MC14 to see if you made change.

Return to “MultiCharts”