Entry point error message while installing  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Entry point error message while installing

Postby bowlesj3 » 27 Nov 2019

Hi I am getting the attached error popup when installing MC 64 bit. I had to format and reinstall windows.

My last version I was running before the format was from this file.
MultiCharts64.11.0.15808.400_Release_x64_R8.exe

I decided to try this one so I could better provide feedback.
MultiCharts64.12.0.19065.400_Release_x64_R8.exe

However when I got the error I decided to uninstall then go back to the prior one I was using before the C drive reformat. It turned out I get the message in both instances. The install continues to the finish button. I am going to try to get MC up and running and ready to use. Am I going to have a problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John
Attachments
MC_install_Error.png
(41.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet

bowlesj3

Re: Entry point error message while installing  [SOLVED]

Postby bowlesj3 » 28 Nov 2019

I found the solution to this error. What happened is Audacity version 2.3.1 would not run at all so it forced me to dig in since I need this software. So after doing Youtube and Google searches I learned that this DLL gets installed with the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Packages". This is for Win 7 service pack 1 by the way.

What I don't understand is Audacity 2.3.1 was running before. I am thinking that maybe my WIn 7 install DVD only installed the 2010 versions and somewhere along the line maybe I picked up newer versions which allowed Audacity to run but I just don't remember having done that.

Return to “MultiCharts”