What is the best way to sell and indicator with a monthly subscription? Why MC doensn't have a market 4 sell indicators?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dvdkite

What is the best way to sell and indicator with a monthly subscription? Why MC doensn't have a market 4 sell indicators?

Postby dvdkite » 23 Dec 2019

Hello MC team,

I was wondering what is the best way to sell and indicator with a monthly subscription and or sell it with a lifetime licence?
I mean is there a way to protect an indicator to be hacekd and free distribuited?
The only way I can actually imagine is to send a new copy of the indicator with an "if" that is checking the date...and based on that check you can run or stop it.

I never sold anything but I worked on some very interesting indicators and I'm just asking how other vendors can distribuite their Multicharts indicators with some basic control to avoid hacking and free distribuition.

And the big question is: Why Multicharts doens't have an online market where developers can sell their indicators? It would be awesome and a win for everyone:

1) customer will find a LOT of indicators easily
2) Developers could earn by selling indicators and split the earning with MC (example 60% seller, 40% MC)
3) Multicharts will earn a % like explaned above and will also provide a market for buyers and sellers to meet .

MC could also check on server side the licence for the indicators so it could be easily sold with a monthly subscription based model... and also manage the free trial.

Just an interesting idea.

TJ

Re: What is the best way to sell and indicator with a monthly subscription? Why MC doensn't have a market 4 sell indicat

Postby TJ » 23 Dec 2019

You can protect your codes. See Wiki for detail.

You can also ask MultiCharts to handle the subscription for you. You have to contact MultiCharts for detail.

Return to “MultiCharts”