Auto Traders Chime in once more...

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mark Brown

Auto Traders Chime in once more...

Postby Mark Brown » 24 Dec 2019

Is anyone aware of any product that will take signals from MC and send to some futures clearing merchant or introducing broker?

1. Other than IB

Zheka

Re: Auto Traders Chime in once more...

Postby Zheka » 25 Dec 2019

Is there a problem using any of CQG, Rithmic or TT FCMs ?

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 19 Nov 2020

CQG - I was not able to get CQG to even work with MC.

I have not tried TT but I guess I will, before I do is there anyone successfully using TT for data and trading and can you auto trade with any dependability?

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 20 Nov 2020

Mark - I believe Rithmic is right up there with the best of them. However, they are expensive as they extract $0.50 per R/T for execution/routing. Also, for $100 per month they have an extensive tick-data historical database.
I will be moving to them in December from IB and IQFeed simply because IB's EMini margin reqs were just getting ridiculous.

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 23 Nov 2020

Mark - I believe Rithmic is right up there with the best of them. However, they are expensive as they extract $0.50 per R/T for execution/routing. Also, for $100 per month they have an extensive tick-data historical database.
I will be moving to them in December from IB and IQFeed simply because IB's EMini margin reqs were just getting ridiculous.
guess i will be right behind you

i simply can not get multicharts to keep up with the ts data feed i have to constantly refresh mc screen. either the data will freeze completely or it will get behind it's so frustrating. maybe it's something unique to range bars i don't know.

syswizard

Postby syswizard » 23 Nov 2020

Mark - One thing you may want to experiment with is setting the Windows execution priority for a particular process or exe.
I know I was having occasional problems with the IB Gateway not processing orders from MC.
However, once I elevated it's execution priority over that of MC, the problem never surfaced again.
Here is the CMD file code:
echo off
START "" /HIGH /B /MIN /AFFINITY 0xC "C:\Jts\ibgateway\978\ibgateway.exe"
This starts the gateway in high priority and places it in a separate core.

Here is a good resource:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/895 ... -10-a.html

You may want to experiment with changing the priority of either "tsserver.exe" or "TradeServer.exe" which are processes spawned by MC.
I believe this can be done via Powershell script after MC starts up.

Return to “MultiCharts”