Allow workspace to be marked read-only

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jek

Allow workspace to be marked read-only

Postby jek » 29 Jan 2020

It would be very handy to be able to mark a workspace as read-only to guard against accidental movements or actions.

When modifying, you just turn it off, modify it, then turn it back on, and save.

Countless times I accidentally drag a line and mess up scaling which is tedious to go back and fix.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Allow workspace to be marked read-only

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 27 Feb 2020

Hello jek,

If you made undesirable changes in the workspace you can close it unsaved and open the previous variant.
If workspaces are saved automatically on close, you can change it in File -> Preferences -> Workspaces.
During your work you can save changes in the workspace using Save button.

jek

Re: Allow workspace to be marked read-only

Postby jek » 28 Feb 2020

Hello jek,

If you made undesirable changes in the workspace you can close it unsaved and open the previous variant.
If workspaces are saved automatically on close, you can change it in File -> Preferences -> Workspaces.
During your work you can save changes in the workspace using Save button.
Yes, this is the workaround I use now. But having to close and reopen a workspace can take time and sometimes you don't notice a subtle change that you accidentally made - especially with an accidental drag of one line that messes up scaling. You come back later and see that things don't line up and all the while you were relying on the false display. If I were perfect at noticing all accidental changes then I wouldn't need this feature.

Not saving is not the same as not modifying.

Return to “MultiCharts”