DOM Window Symbol Mapping

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Tetsuya

DOM Window Symbol Mapping

Postby Tetsuya » 31 Jan 2020

Is the following setup possible?

1 real time data and market depth subscription (e.g. via CQG).
Multiple different MC DOM windows using that data to place orders at two or three different brokers.

The reason for this question is that I would like to save on some real time subscription fees. I currently pay for both CQG and TT real time data. Additionally, I have some more accounts at other brokers that are also supported by MC.

I know that it is possible to use the real time data of one source to place trades at various brokers via the chart trading window. However, my manual trading style relies a lot on seeing market depth information also.

I noticed that there is an option to access symbol mapping directly from a DOM window by right clicking into it and selecting the appropriate option in the dropdown menu. That's why I figured that it must be possible to do what I want.

The problem is that for instance a DOM window for my Interactive brokers account always reverts back to their data connection. It doesn't seem to matter that I map IB's broker symbol to CQG's data feed, it still only shows IB's (delayed in this instance) market information.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Anna MultiCharts

Re: DOM Window Symbol Mapping

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 13 Feb 2020

Hello, Tetsuya!

Unfortunately combining different brokers/data feeds is impossible in DOM trading right now.
Only the data feeds that are also brokers can be used in DOM. Please refer to this article:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... OM)_Window

Return to “MultiCharts”