Settings to make IB data behave like TS

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ZaphodB

Settings to make IB data behave like TS

Postby ZaphodB » 08 Jun 2020

I am transitioning from using TS to using IB. When I add IB as a Data Source there are all sorts of settings that weren't available for TS, ie "Ignore bars with zero volume". My backtesting and forward-testing is all based on TS data. What settings should I use for the IB Data Source to ensure that it behaves as close as possible to TS data?

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: Settings to make IB data behave like TS

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 16 Jun 2020

Hello ZaphodB,

The settings which are used as default in Interactive Brokers data feed configuration are the optimal ones. However, one should keep in mind that Interactive Brokers and TS are different data feeds and therefore, there might be differences in data. Also, historical data can sometimes be different from real-time for this data vendor.

For more precise historical data we recommend enabling the option Build Tick-based bars Using 1 Tick as shown on the screenshot. It will take a bit longer for the ticks to be received, although it allows more precision.

ZaphodB

Re: Settings to make IB data behave like TS

Postby ZaphodB » 17 Jun 2020

Hello ZaphodB,

The settings which are used as default in Interactive Brokers data feed configuration are the optimal ones. However, one should keep in mind that Interactive Brokers and TS are different data feeds and therefore, there might be differences in data. Also, historical data can sometimes be different from real-time for this data vendor.

For more precise historical data we recommend enabling the option Build Tick-based bars Using 1 Tick as shown on the screenshot. It will take a bit longer for the ticks to be received, although it allows more precision.
Great, thank you very much

Return to “MultiCharts”