Global variables to bridge MC and MT4-MT5 to use collective2, darwinex, zulutrade, .. ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
oppidum

Global variables to bridge MC and MT4-MT5 to use collective2, darwinex, zulutrade, .. ?

Postby oppidum » 21 Jun 2020

Beside the normal way to operate, trade publishers (collective2, zulutrade, darwinex,..) are offering an interesting option for traders. It seems that this offer is growing but unfortunately Multicharts doesn't provide any connector to directly trade with those publishers. StrategyXtender from TraderScience provides an add-on which may be a way to solve that. Otherwise I spent long hours googling but it's hard to find any completed and published solution.

I was wondering if using sharedVar (or global variables) could be a way to simply connect MC to MT4 or MT5:   
MC runs the strategy > once the signal is triggered MC write the order infos to sharedVar > MT read  those values and send the corresponding orders to the trade publishers. (I am not totally sure that MC and MT can access the same sharedVar variables, same name, same realm?).

I will try that but making the first steps with MT and MQL will take some time.  In the meantime if someone has some advice it will be greatly appreciated!!

Benoit

chilli

Re: Global variables to bridge MC and MT4-MT5 to use collective2, darwinex, zulutrade, .. ?

Postby chilli » 22 Jun 2020

Here is a thread started years ago .......

viewtopic.php?t=49914

oppidum

Re: Global variables to bridge MC and MT4-MT5 to use collective2, darwinex, zulutrade, .. ?

Postby oppidum » 22 Jun 2020

Thank you Chilli for your reply. I already read this thread that you started quite a long time ago. Unfortunately, as far as I could read, no solution was proposed. It sounds that you haven't got one either, don't you? 

This is a new problematic and an unexpected one. Multicharts is a fantastic program always improving even with many many many sophisticated things but at the end of the road  if you can not reach some basic markets it's hard to understand the reason to go further in some developments... Obviously, decisions have to be taken from a business point of view but it sounds strange, restrictive and it is very frustrating . 

Trade publishers are an option but the same occurs to operate on MAM accounts with LMAX. This may not be a Multicharts limitation, but again, this can only be done through MT. 

Even if solved, the solution will add a new layer of complexity and possible stability issues (MC+bridge+MT or MC+StrategyXtender) . As well, many problems can easily be raised:  what about execution information, pending orders, missed orders, slippage, ...  

chilli

Postby chilli » 23 Jun 2020

You are right, I did look for a bridge but now I have given up.... I have accounts with Darwinex and Lmax, but forex is not taken too seriously by some platforms. Agree Multicharts is a fantastic bit of software, but a bridge to MT4 that works is not happening as far as I can tell. I trade renko charts and cannot really replicate the strategy on MT4 , so have decided to go it alone and without the copy trading side of things .
All the best.

dvdkite

Postby dvdkite » 08 Jul 2020

HI, It would be SIMPLEST if some cfd broker as ICMARKETS (one with the most honest spread in the world) would create a plugin for multicharts to allow us to use it.
Anyway In the past I made some test (the most of the programming has been done by my brother) and I found a way to send the order from multicharts to mt4... but just an order with SL and TG... we didn't manage to modify them...
We used https://fx1.net/sharedvar.php that is free and worked almost well....
Check it and if you have some news please let me know.... I actually abandoned the bridge due to an almost infinite list of things to do in easylanguage already....

Return to “MultiCharts”