Importing data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Jonny473

Importing data

Postby Jonny473 » 23 Jun 2020

I know this topic has been addressed before:
I have hundred of stock and data to it, now I am trying to find a fast way to setup the symbols and import the data.

I know I can map the symbols, this might be legit for charting data. But once I want to backtest and just do that by mapping different symbols Multicharts quickly reaches its capacity.

So is there a fast now to quickly setup hundred of symbols and quickly import the data for every single one of them?

Salzburg

Re: Importing data

Postby Salzburg » 24 Jun 2020

Hi Jonny, you can import using excel. You could also import ALL equities in one go easily.
However you will have the issue of maintaining it segmented and structured going ahead, since all symbols is listed just as equities in quotemanager.
You have the possibility to maintain lists using a workspace and a screener, but its not optimal.

Mapping work you really only need to do if you shall actually trade it live.

What i assume you would have wanted is a way to for example, to import and maintain all SP500, or all NASDAQ, etc.. this will not happen as it is now, only way if for you to create such excel importable lists yourself based on your data provider, and then import using that.

However be careful since when you backtest 10 years back, your will be facing serious survivorship bias and adjustment issues, if not taking this into account.

Return to “MultiCharts”