Random orders submitted and immediately cancelled

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
jules190

Random orders submitted and immediately cancelled

Postby jules190 » 25 Jun 2020

Hi MultiCharts,

I have a strange issue that I have discovered this morning. I've included as much detail as possible below.

In the order and positions tracker window I have discovered some orders that are not mine. They are submitted and immediately cancelled (to the exact same millisecond).

They are submitted/cancelled just after 3am UK time, and appear to be exact copies of orders that one of my strategies had previously been working and cancelled. I am never trading at this time and my computer is locked. My auto trading strategies are also turned off. They are submitted as 'Manual Trading'.

I have included the orders below, as well the log entries related to today's order (omitting account information).

Could you please explain where these orders are coming from? And whether they are cause for concern?

Thanks!

Edit: Having just checked, it turns out that these orders have exactly the same 'Broker Order ID' and 'OCO ID' to the order that was previously cancelled by one of my strategies. So it looks as though the orders are not being submitted, but are being duplicated in the order and position tracker under strategy 'Manual Trading'.

Is this a bug? I don't understand why these orders are being duplicated at a specific time each day?

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Random orders submitted and immediately cancelled

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 26 Jun 2020

Hello jules190,

According to the provided information, those orders are not sent from MultiCharts, they are received from the trading plugin. Those orders are not placed, as their only status is Cancelled.
Which broker do you use?

For further analysis please send us logs via the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback.
In the description please specify the exact time and type of the order with which you had the issue.
Please select the options:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach log files…;
Include Backup…;
Snapshot of the current MC setup;
Upload collected data to help desk;
uncheck other options and click Send

jules190

Re: Random orders submitted and immediately cancelled

Postby jules190 » 26 Jun 2020

Hi Svetlana,

Thanks for replying.

The broker is CQG.

It's very strange. I had another eight of these orders this morning, again just after 3am, and all with matching 'Broker Order ID' and 'OCO ID' with orders that were cancelled yesterday.

I'm not in front of my trading computer at the moment, but will submit the logs over the weekend.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”