Positions History: A way to add Strategy Name or Workspace

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
John1262680

Positions History: A way to add Strategy Name or Workspace

Postby John1262680 » 14 Jul 2020

Positions History Tab: Is there a way to add Strategy Name or Workspace to the Positions History tab or is there another way to match up the Strategy Name or Workspace to the profit loss report or is there a way to match in Excel the Strategy Name or Workspace to the profit loss of each trade.

Currently, I down load into excel and can sum by Instrument in Excel and get the profit loss by instrument but I do not know how to get it by Strategy Name or Workspace because I have multiple Strategies trading on a single instrument.

Please comment on how you see which strategy is profitable vs just instrument.

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: Positions History: A way to add Strategy Name or Workspace

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 13 Aug 2020

Hello John,

You can use the Strategy Performance Report. The info about orders is available when the auto trading is enabled. You can save the report in Excel while the auto trading is on to output the info about the orders. This is the same for Portfolio Trader and Portfolio Report.

If you would like to be able to see other strategy parameters, please please describe it in more detail and leave a feature request at our Project Management Resource: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/multicharts

We will create an account for you at your request. Our dev team will discuss the feature and other users will be able to vote for it.

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 14 Aug 2020

Related issue, when using portfolio trader there has been for a long time a huge issue, that when using multiple of strategies on same symbol, for example.. lets say as in my case, i trade ES using 10 strategies using same timeframe. In the back test report its impossible to differentiate strategies against against each other.

I have proposed a long time ago, that at least if you dont want to ad the strategy name, you could ad the name name that is specified in the left side of the GUI, in the results in the report so a user could have the possibility to utilise the report in a meaningful way when trading multiple strategies on same symbol in Portfolio trader.

I remember i was told that this was going to be done in a future release, but this was a year ago.. so perhaps it can be done now?

Apart from this, MC performs great...

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 19 Aug 2020

Hello Salzburg,

This feature is already available in MultiCharts 14 Open Beta and it will be present in the 14 release version.
The new feature allows the users to choose the instrument name format displayed in Portfolio Performance Report -> Settings -> Display section, which is useful for instruments with the same name, but different resolution/applied strategies.
Attachments
Portfolio Performance Report_Settings_MultiCharts.png
(36.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “MultiCharts”