Volume Profile time settings

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
quod_erat

Volume Profile time settings

Postby quod_erat » 31 Aug 2020

spwr.PNG
(53.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if I misunderstand something. I loaded a Volume Profile for SPWR (see attached screenshot), daily chart. The chart itself goes back a few months, but VP Time setting is set to 3 weeks. My understanding was that the 'Time' setting controls what bars are considered for drawing a volume profile; in this case, the bars from the last three weeks. But it's evident from the screenshot that the VP drawing incorporates all the bars in the chart. If so, what is the purpose of that 'Time' setting?

Tammy MultiCharts

Re: Volume Profile time settings

Postby Tammy MultiCharts » 06 Oct 2020

Hello,

You can regulate the way the Volume Profile is displayed by setting the Alignment parameter to Left/Right.
If you are using the "Last..." option in the Time section, the VP will be placed either on the left or on the right side of the chart over the whole data series.
To have the Volume Profile displayed over the bars for a specific period of time please select the "Every..." option in the Time section (for instance, Every 3 weeks).
We can see in the screenshot that the Volume Profile is not covering all the bars on your char (the bars at the bottom are not included).
You can check the data range on which the VP is calculated by placing your cursor on the last bar: a transparent dotted line rectangle will appear to determine the bars which are included in the data range for the Volume Profile.

Return to “MultiCharts”