/ES Daily Candles incorrect

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
PK1

/ES Daily Candles incorrect

Postby PK1 » 11 Sep 2020

Hallo,

there were quite a few times I posted the problem of incorrect daily candles on /ES long ago but never really worked for me. So I gave up asking for this. Today with /ES busy to the downside I've seen that /ES has an entire wrong daily L on daily chart. M15 shows correctly. This is for ESZ0, ESU0 and MES as well. Example is without drawings and no indicators. How can this happen? Thank You

EDIT: The low was made after stock market in US was closed but M15 is showing that area and D1 not. With same session-definition D1 and M15 should show the same data but they don't. Also the checkbox "Break on session" is checked but grayed out.

TJ

Re: /ES Daily Candles incorrect

Postby TJ » 11 Sep 2020

You have to write some notes on the chart to point out to us what is the problem.

PK1

Postby PK1 » 11 Sep 2020

I've seen that /ES has an entire wrong daily L on daily chart. M15 shows correctly.
On the Daily-Chart you see only bars and one triangle pointing at the wrong low.
On the M15-Chart you see only bars and a horizontal line pointing at the low.

Actually it's quite obvious that the daily lows shown don't match the lows from M15 chart.
I marked them and on daily that low is higher than L from today. But on M15 todays L is higher than from 3-4 days ago, quite the opposite.

PK1

Postby PK1 » 15 Sep 2020

So I'm assuming daily candles can use different parts of data than Timeframes like M5, M15, ... which is misleading when using them throughout the day by looking for the next recent low as support. In my example I was looking for the Low of current multiday Down-Wave which D1 is not able to show when the data was outside the defined session.

Even though daily candles can be built based on minute data actually you can't trust High-Low from daily candle as it can ommit important parts.

As I have no confirmation in either direction how MC handles this I think the point is the defined session which D1 seems to be bound to opposite to Minute-Charts. They are not bound to the defined session, they show the entire data of the day. I was checking whether there is a possibility like a checkmark, that After Hours and PreMarket is shown but I didn't find something like that.

At least one would expect such config-setting like it exists in other platforms and also I would expect that Daily and Minute-Timeframe charts are treated similar when it comes to data outside the defined session. Either AH and PM is shown or not but not different behavior on different timeframe.

PK1

Postby PK1 » 24 Sep 2020

I was hoping to get a solid answer or a hint towards where the problem could be. Really not helpful the one short 'answer' above.

"/ES has an entire wrong daily L on daily chart." <--- Extactly this is marked with an green arrow on the chart I posted.

But I take as a result that daily charts on MC are not one should rely on (you simply cant trust them especially with the redrawing problem on the last candle).

rc76

Postby rc76 » 29 Nov 2020

I have this issue as well on NQ.

I load my data from IB, where my NT uses the same source from IB as well, but NT displays correctly the daily candle, but MC and MC.net (version 14) both do not.

Return to “MultiCharts”