EL / PL comparison matrix  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
biffhero

EL / PL comparison matrix

Postby biffhero » 27 Sep 2020

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is really a question about PL / EL comparison, or more of a request to have a user editable (with changes moderated by MC people, of course) section of the wiki. The fact that you all already are using MediaWiki should make this seamless.

Here are the benefits I would see, even if all of my changes only started in the "User:Biffhero" --> incoming page, and were hand moderated through.
  • Organizing user submitted code (I am about to upload a script, and it is going to be lost in the mists of time. Hopefully, the DuckDuckGo crawlers will find it and it will be able to help someone else.)
    Maintaining feature matrices. (Figuring out that "vector" is not a supported word took me into the depths of the forums, and I hope I found information that is timely.
    Adding "user contributions" to the official documentation. I find that a lot of the examples are the bare minimum to show how a feature works. If we could put links in the official documentation to the "canonical user submitted code examples", then it would help new people with more and more salient ideas.
I realize that all of this would need to be passed by your General Counsel. Hopefully, this page would set their mind at ease.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights

Thank you,
Rob

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: EL / PL comparison matrix

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 06 Oct 2020

Hello Rob,

According to our company policy, only MultiCharts team members can make changes in the Wiki.

As for the user contributed studies, it is impossible to add this section to the official documentation since we have not tested the codes posted there.
This section is constantly being improved and the collection is growing, so we believe the way it is organized now is more convenient for our users.
Moreover, this is a part of how MultiCharts traders' community interacts with each other.

biffhero

Re: EL / PL comparison matrix  [SOLVED]

Postby biffhero » 20 Oct 2020

@vlada ,

Thank you for the reply. You guys really do have some of the best support in the business.

Return to “MultiCharts”