datafeed stops v14

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
O66

datafeed stops v14

Postby O66 » 16 Oct 2020

Since the new v14.0 update (build 20935) last week my datafeed stops after a few minutes and chart stop with updating, however the data in chart trading panel is updating. When i close MC and restart charts are updating again for a few minutes and stop again....
Im using CQG via Ampfutures
Any ideas?

snoop

Re: datafeed stops v14

Postby snoop » 18 Oct 2020

I experienced the same issue on Friday using CQG with Amp, and also IQfeed. After varying lengths of time, data stops updating any chart or scanner windows, but CQG data continues to update any DOM window.

NiC72

Postby NiC72 » 20 Oct 2020

I have the same issue with IB, and the same as Snoop said, IB data continues to update any DOM window.

Antimalware Service Executable use more CPU then MC, cant remember it used so much.
So I turn off Realtime protection and the problem seems to be gone.
(Win10: Settings/Updates and Security/Windows-Security/protection against viruses & threats/settings for protection against viruses & threats)

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 29 Oct 2020

Any resolution to this? Have been having the same problem with charts using IB and TS data. Some charts continue working normally while others lag by many minutes. Chart lags, data in chart trading window on left side is correct. Has happened 3 or 4 times in the past month, twice in two days. Restarting MC seems to make it work again but that takes awhile.

Also, just checked and Antimalware Service is really high - using 15 - 20% of cpu.

tozwp

Should also have mentioned. Problems have only happened after I upgraded from 12 to 14 about a month ago.

Today I tried going into 'Virus & Threat Protection', Settings, Exclusions and added: C:\Jts
C:\Program Files (x86)\TS 9.5
C:\Program Files\TS Support\MultiCharts64
C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts64

Read a post regarding adding the data provider process to the exclusion list. Not sure where InteractiveBrokers process is so I selected the entire C:\Jts file. For some reason, it seems to be only my ES quote that lags horribly on the chart which comes from IB.

After adding these exclusions to the virus and threat protection settings, Antimalware service executable still is running very high - 15 to 30% of the cpu. Never did that before.

Anything else I can try? Thanks

tozwp

Also added c:\MC64 to the exclusion list with no change to the behavior of Antimalware Service cpu usage.

Also tried this. Rebooted pc, started each data server and charting program while watching the cpu usage for Antimalware Service Executable. After launching ToS, Interactive Brokers and TS, cpu usage stayed less than 2%. Launching Multicharts spiked to mid 30% and after loading all charts it stays between 15 and 25%. On my ES chart, the quotes in the chart trading window are always up to date but the chart sometimes lags several minutes and occasionally is up to date. I can't find any rhyme or reason to the chart delay.

PC is running win10, intel 4790 cpu with 16 Gb ram.

I always get this yellow error box when I terminate the program after upgrading to version 14 too. Not sure if its related but thought I'd mention it:
Source: UI Checker Message: [FS07] User Interface of Multicharts64.exe (PID = 15376) process is not responding. Last successful response time is 14:54:56:976.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 29 Oct 2020

Grrrrrr? Same for me, lag with IB, i try with new TWS IB update Trader Workstation 981.2b same Issue ....

i can't work.

in one laptop i lost DRM and MC14 never connect again !

crazy management about licences, now if i start quotemanager before MC14, i can't load it !, i have to close QM before LoL !
licence management.png
(156.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
licence management 2.png
(71.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet

when i load MC14 first, i can't load QM ....

i'm online and have 3 lifetimes licences, but appen on same Laptop !

before when we had MC issue we go back to old MC, but now we can't go back to MC12 ! great !
Last edited by Smoky on 29 Oct 2020, edited 4 times in total.

NiC72

Postby NiC72 » 29 Oct 2020

I had actually tried to add the MC folder to the White List. Did not work. When Tammy (TS Support) came up with the proposal to try to add MultiCharts processes into Windows Defender White List.
I tried to add:

C: \ Program Files \ TS Support \ MultiCharts64 \ *
and
C: \ Jts \ *
Both of these as "Process"!

It work perfect. No yellow error box, MC running smooth and minimum cpu usage for Antimalware Service Executable.

tozwp

Thanks NiC72! I tried that and also added c:\MC64\* as there was nothing in the c:\ProgramFiles\TS Support\Multicharts64 on my machine. When I started everything back up, I don't have the huge cpu load from Antimalware anymore! Will have to see tomorrow if my quotes are working again but so far it looks like it is fixed. Thanks much!

rondawes

Postby rondawes » 31 Oct 2020

Same for me last week with Rithmic data. DOM and T&S ok but all charts lagged by varying amounts. I went back to V 12. Since V14 is really V13, I think that explains it..

jimm88

Postby jimm88 » 02 Nov 2020

This is very frustrating not getting answers to chart lag and these pop ups unusual for me to wish i never updated but i do now PLEASE help us it is all data feeds which comes back to multicharts 14 update sad that i have to use NJ* on IQ feed for charts with no lag

NiC72

Postby NiC72 » 02 Nov 2020

jimm88, please read what I wrote above.
If you do exactly as I write, the problem is gone!
Set an exception for MC, then I do not know but I also added data feeder (in my case IB, which uses C: \ Jts \ *).

It should work flawlessly without changing the Windows Defender White List, but for now it's the solution.

jimm88

Postby jimm88 » 02 Nov 2020

That's great i'm not that savvy in moving around inside windows 10 so i'm kind of stuck with out a step by step instruction,

Now that you have fixed it i wish multicharts would get on it.

Thank you very much

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 02 Nov 2020

jimm88, try these steps:
From start button, go to Windows Security and click to open. Double click "Virus & threat protection", under "Virus & threat protection settings" click "Manage settings". Scroll down to "Exlusions" and click "Add or remove exclusions". Click the + Add an exclusion button and select "process" from the dropdown which will open a box to type the path of the excluded file. In that box, type c:\MC64\*. Click + add an exclusion as many times as you have file folders to exlude and select process for each. I excluded c:\MC64\*, c:\Jts\* and c:\Program Files\TS Support\*
Don't forget the * so that it includes all the processes from that folder.

Hope this helps. Mine works perfectly after doing this.

jimm88

Postby jimm88 » 03 Nov 2020

jimm88, try these steps:
From start button, go to Windows Security and click to open. Double click "Virus & threat protection", under "Virus & threat protection settings" click "Manage settings". Scroll down to "Exlusions" and click "Add or remove exclusions". Click the + Add an exclusion button and select "process" from the dropdown which will open a box to type the path of the excluded file. In that box, type c:\MC64\*. Click + add an exclusion as many times as you have file folders to exlude and select process for each. I excluded c:\MC64\*, c:\Jts\* and c:\Program Files\TS Support\*
Don't forget the * so that it includes all the processes from that folder.

Hope this helps. Mine works perfectly after doing this.
Thank you so much,... that's all in needed was guide.... to steps
Jim

jimm88

Postby jimm88 » 03 Nov 2020

Thank you Guys for the help and figuring this out it is working fine now :D

hmouta

Postby hmouta » 25 Nov 2020

Has anyone had these issues return?

I upgraded from 12 to 14 two days ago and had these issues right away. My charts all stop streaming, including T&S. My DOMs continue to work. I restarted MC64 and it would work for a while. I'm on Win7pro64bit and don't use WinDefender. I have it stopped in services and checked that it is stopped in task manager. I use Avast so I added some exceptions to it yesterday after the problem arose a few minutes after starting MC64. Once I restarted MC it worked for hours and I thought problem solved but it stopped 15 secs before 4pm close (last timestamp in T&S).

I added these to Avast as exceptions:
c:\program files\ts support\multicharts64\*
c:\programdata\ts support\multicharts64\*
c:\program files (x86)\DTN\IQfeed\*

I use CQG but had iqfeed for historical data on a 2nd workspace tab so I added it to Avast as a precaution (don't use iqfeed anymore). I have no unusual cpu usage. Everything looks normal. I don't have anything directly on the c drive like some of you seem to have...no c:\MC64

I suppose I can remove the exceptions and disable Avast to see if the problem goes away and happens again with Avast enabled to troubleshoot it (keep repeating this for confirmation). Hate the idea that a problem sorta goes away without knowing for sure what "fixed" it and that it can occur at any random time.

Can I downgrade back to 12? I still have the previous install .exe for 12r13

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 02 Dec 2020

hey guys i was reporting this issue for over a year now and still to this day charts are lagging.

NiC72

Postby NiC72 » 04 Dec 2020

Mark, we know nothing about your case..`
Do you use Antimalware Service Executable (default in windows 10)? MC version? wich Datafeeder?
Have you try what we write about above?

hmouta

Postby hmouta » 09 Dec 2020

I've been trying to resolve this issue for like two weeks. I've posted in the MC14 Release thread but I've gotten nowhere. Has everyone with data stopping on chart/t&s fixed their problem? Are any of you running Win7 who fixed the problem? I don't use Windefender and have always had it disabled. I uninstalled Avast correctly and the problem still is occurring. I currently have no antivirus running. I uninstalled everything MC related and did a clean install and the problem still happened. DOM continues to work but charts/t&s stops. Still shows connected to CQG. It must be since the DOM keeps working. Once the freeze occurs, tsServer.exe memory usage keeps going up and doesn't stop going up. It will eventually max out my RAM if I leave MC14 open with the chart freeze (actually it did max out my RAM twice because I wasn't paying attention).

Are there any troubleshooting logs I can look at that might tell me what MC is doing right when the freeze occurs?

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 13 Dec 2020

so the problem is on range bar charts for me some charts will not plat at all and some charts will plot it's been like this for years now mc refuses to acknowledge the problem exist. just because its takes so long to load a chart has to have something to do with it, it has to be the server just can not handle a load of data - it's not a real data server it's an interpreter of data between mc and the real data feed vendor.

kinda like putting excel between mc and the data feed company.

Whiskey Runner

Postby Whiskey Runner » 17 May 2021

Ive been using MC for 16 years. Never had these issues. Now my charts stop plotting data, yet Dom still updates. CQG is my data feed. I run automated systems. This is causing me a lot of stress.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 17 May 2021

Is anyone experiencing stable MC14 datafeeds? I'm too scared to upgrade from MC12.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 20 May 2021

I'm going to spread the word. This software is no good for automated trading systems.
I've been a heavy user of MC for 10 years. Minor issues along the way but overall good.

Currently on MC12, with no significant issues.

Sounds like MC14 has major issues then???

Whiskey Runner: Why aren't you using MC12?

Whiskey Runner

Postby Whiskey Runner » 20 May 2021

Where can I find MC 12 for download?, never had to do this.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 20 May 2021

That’s misleading. Many users have no issues. I’m one that has had issues but not the one you’ve described.

Can you request MC12 from Multicharts and if they say no, post their response here.

I will help you out if MC don’t.

Please don’t trash the forum with obtuse statements

Whiskey Runner

Postby Whiskey Runner » 24 May 2021

I was able to get Version 12 installed, unfortunately, it is lacking some updates. I run fully automated trading systems. They run 24X5 all buy and sell signals are triggered from chart indicators. I can no longer trust MC. I will be forced to move everything to TS. I was getting better commission pricing from AMP, using CQG and MC. Last week I was lucky, MC stopped updating its charts and I was luckily positioned correctly when the charts stopped updating. This won't always be the case. I have never had this issue with TS.

I will keep testing MC. But will not run live systems. I advise every system trader to closely monitor their live systems.

wilkinsw

Postby wilkinsw » 24 May 2021

I was able to get Version 12 installed, unfortunately, it is lacking some updates. I run fully automated trading systems. They run 24X5 all buy and sell signals are triggered from chart indicators. I can no longer trust MC. I will be forced to move everything to TS. I was getting better commission pricing from AMP, using CQG and MC. Last week I was lucky, MC stopped updating its charts and I was luckily positioned correctly when the charts stopped updating. This won't always be the case. I have never had this issue with TS.

I will keep testing MC. But will not run live systems. I advise every system trader to closely monitor their live systems.
More obtuse hyperbole I'm afraid. I've been a heavy and fully automated user of MC for 10 years and am not struggling as you are. What updates are you missing? Please be more constructive.

You not recognising frozen charts for 10 hours is shocking IMO. I've had the odd IQfeed drop of late (which was IQfeed's issue not MC's), picked up in 5mins (by automated alerts)..... failed over to CQG in 30mins... then back to IQfeed an hour later.

Automated trading can be frustrating. I would respectfully advise you to change your approach to seeking help.

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 27 Jul 2021

I am surprised that to this day, despite problem was reported based on this thread in November last year, that freezing of live data charts from IB, IQ, CGQ etc, still happens,
since i can now verify the problem myself in IQ DTN, and above mentioned antimalware trick did not solve it, have anyone actually found the issue or got a confirmation of what the problem really is?

I am perplexed over the fact that,

1: In order to fix a bug, it needs to be confirmed as a bug/error, is the freezing of charts not a confirmed bug by Multicharts team ?

2: Is the freezing of charts a problem on the users machine ? (would be quite impossible due to the large amount of people having the issue)

It can only be one of these two above possibilities , which one is it?

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 27 Jul 2021

Hello everyone,

The charting issues described in this thread can be caused by different reasons since every customer uses a unique setup, number of charts and has different PC specifications and more factors that can influence charting performance. MultiCharts 14 has been tested with all data feeds and on our end the issues are not reproduced at the moment. To investigate and work on resolving the issues that our customer is experiencing, we need to know the details, check screenshots and the logs, and ask questions specifically for this person and the setup used.

The Discussion Forum is not our primary support channel, we provide urgent support by email, Live Chat and phone. You can always contact us via these channels to receive urgent support.

Please do the following so that we could investigate each particular charting case and provide a solution:

Send us the Logs for analysis by going Help -> Feedback when the charting issue is reproduced.
Please enable “Attach a screenshot”, “Attach Log files…”, “Attach minidump…”, “Snapshot of the current MultiCharts setup”, “Open Workspaces”, “Data for active instruments…” and “Upload collected data to Help Desk”.
In the commentary section specify the time when the chart froze so that we could find this place in the logs and press Send.

You can send any additional info to our email support@multicharts.com or attach it in Live Chat during a live session with the Live Chat operator.

A lot of issues have been fixed in the newer version of MultiCharts which is MultiCharts 14 Release 3. You can find the list of improvements and fixes for each version in the What's New section on our website.

We don't force updates and provide the installation file for MultiCharts 12 if you are willing to downgrade due to your personal preferences or technical issues. Of course we try to help and resolve the issues in the latest version first and suggest working on these issues. But if the user wants to downgrade, there is no problem with that. The procedure is simple, you can just contact us, describe why you are willing to downgrade and get the download link and our recommendations on the downgrade process.

Our primary goal is to deliver the best product and service to our clients and we have no intention to leave the customers alone with any technical issues, so please be welcome to describe the issue in detail and send us the logs and screenshots so that we could work on your particular case and either resolve it on your end by giving the right recommendation for your MultiCharts setup or finding an issue on our end and providing a fix for it.

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 27 Jul 2021

Hello Mark,

I have checked your ticket history. The issues you have reported in 2019 are unrelated to this thread.
If you are experiencing issues with data now, please send us the Logs by going Help -> Feedback and describe the issue in more detail in the commentary section, or contact us by email or in Live Chat.

Salzburg

Postby Salzburg » 28 Jul 2021

Thank you Vlada for the hotfix, so far charts are loading up very quickly and difference in speed of platform, huge... Before all was sluggish, now it feels like you turbocharged the platform with this fix. I hope also the chart freezes are also gone.. Thanks for the help in order to use V14...

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 01 Aug 2021

This bug has been around for years. It's frustrating that MC says in the latest version the problem is fixed when actually it wasn't fixed.

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 02 Aug 2021

Hello gpw797,

If you are experiencing technical issues with data, please send us the requested files so that we could investigate your case and provide a solution or a hotfix if this will be confirmed bug. Unfortunately, we can't provide support without constructive feedback on the matter.
Please do the following so that we could investigate each particular charting case and provide a solution:

Send us the Logs for analysis by going Help -> Feedback when the charting issue is reproduced.
Please enable “Attach a screenshot”, “Attach Log files…”, “Attach minidump…”, “Snapshot of the current MultiCharts setup”, “Open Workspaces”, “Data for active instruments…” and “Upload collected data to Help Desk”.
In the commentary section specify the time when the chart froze so that we could find this place in the logs and press Send.

You can send any additional info to our email support@multicharts.com or attach it in Live Chat during a live session with the Live Chat operator.
We'll be happy to work on resolving the issues you are experiencing, so we'll be waiting for a feedback from you.

Return to “MultiCharts”