Issue with partial executions on closing half position

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
siriostar

Issue with partial executions on closing half position

Postby siriostar » 19 Oct 2020

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help

I use Multicharts 12 with PowerLanguage. I have a TS that should close half position on the first target and half position on the second target (farther). I implemented this through two market orders, which are sent as soon as the position is open, to maximize the chances of being executed.
However, I am experiencing an issue with partial execution. Indeed, if the order corresponding to the first target is only partially executed,, Multicharts automatically "refills" the original quantity of the order (as long as the position allows it).

Let me make an example: the TS buys 100 shares at price 1, then it sends a sell (exit) order of 50 shares at price 2 and a sell (exit) order of 50 shares at price 3. However, if the sell order of 50 shares at 2 gets a partial execution of 25 contracts (so that I expect to go on with selling 25 contracts at price 2 and 50 contracts at price 3), Multicharts instead "refills" the original quantity of 50 contracts at price 2, leaving only 25 contracts at price 3.

Do you know whether a solution to this issue exists?

Many thanks

MB

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Issue with partial executions on closing half position

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 09 Dec 2020

Hello siriostar,

We weren't able to reproduce this behaviour on our end, so please send us the following files to support@multicharts.com so that we would be able to investigate the issue:

1. The workspace where the issue is reproduced.
2. Export of used symbols (with data) from QuoteManager in .qmd archive: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... rting_Data
3. The exported scripts with all dependent functions that are used on the workspace: http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... ng_Studies
4. The screenshots demonstrating the issue.
5. Step-by-step instruction how to reproduce the issue.

Return to “MultiCharts”