Multicharts not loading all available Metastock quotes for an equity  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
cwelch

Multicharts not loading all available Metastock quotes for an equity

Postby cwelch » 16 Nov 2020

Trying to load Metastock data into Multicharts and it doesn't load all of the available quotes. The ticker I've tried setting up a date range from 2005-01-01 to present only loads 170 quotes.

The full quote set for the instrument is available when I open it in Metastock, quotes for this instrument go back to May 2015.

I've ensured the data is being stored in legacy format, I'm using Metastock Downloader v17. I've confirmed in the DownLoader Console that it is using Legacy format.

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: Multicharts not loading all available Metastock quotes for an equity

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 05 Mar 2021

Hello cwelch,

Metastock data will be supported in MultiCharts only with Metastock application prior to 12 version.

MultiCharts can read Metastock historical data if it is stored in .dat file and there is a Master and/or EMaster file next to .dat files in the same folder.

cwelch

Postby cwelch » 05 Mar 2021

The data is in the old Metasock format.

The issue appears to be a problem when there are a large number of windows open, then only some of the data is read.

It works fine when I have a single window open using Metastock data. It fails to read all of the data if there are a lot of windows open for some reason.

I typically have about 20-30 equities or more in 4 workspaces. This causes the Metastock data import to be incomplete. Multicharts will only import about 8 months of data, then stops.

If I close all of the work spaces and only open one window with the Metastock data feed, it works fine and loads the entire date range of the Metastock data.

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: Multicharts not loading all available Metastock quotes for an equity  [SOLVED]

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 17 Mar 2021

Hello cwelch,

Please send us the files from your MetaStock data folder so that we could reproduce the issue on our end. You can upload them to the cloud and send us the link to support@multicharts.com.

cwelch

Postby cwelch » 24 Mar 2021

I noticed that Downloader appeared to have corrupted some of the file data while I was preparing the files to send them to you.

You can close this request, thanks for taking time to investigate!

Bye for now,

Return to “MultiCharts”