Automation of Portfolio Trader

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hbscreener

Automation of Portfolio Trader

Postby hbscreener » 16 Nov 2020

Hi,

Just want to check if there is any way to fully automate the execution of the Portfolio Trader.

Under normal circumstance, user needs to open the Portfolio Trader, click the backtest button, answer any subsequent questions popped up, waiting for the result and close the Portfolio Trader. They are all manual operations. Is there any way that I can schedule a job in windows and execute it automatically?

Thanks.

hbscreener

Re: Automation of Portfolio Trader

Postby hbscreener » 18 Nov 2020

Would Mulitcharts support please give me some suggestions? Thanks.

Mydesign

Postby Mydesign » 19 Nov 2020

Hi,

You might want to try some windows automation scripting tools or macro recording tools such as AutoIt, AutoHotKey, WinAutomation, etc.

You can also check "Do not show the Assign the initial Market Position at the Broker dialogue" in Strategy properties > Auto Trading tab.

hbscreener

Postby hbscreener » 19 Nov 2020

Hi,

You might want to try some windows automation scripting tools or macro recording tools such as AutoIt, AutoHotKey, WinAutomation, etc.

You can also check "Do not show the Assign the initial Market Position at the Broker dialogue" in Strategy properties > Auto Trading tab.
Thanks, I have tried AutoIt and it works for most of the time, but it may still be stuck in some screens on and off for no reason. After all, it is workable but not reliable. So, I am looking for some more native solution for the automation. I am not sure whether Multicharts.net can do better job?

hbscreener

Postby hbscreener » 27 Nov 2020

Mulitcharts support has any idea on the automation, please?

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 27 Nov 2020

I am not sure whether Multicharts.net can do better job?
From what I know MultiCharts .NET cannot automate the backtest process. It has the same features as normal MultiCharts in this situation. (Or lacks the same things to put it differently.)

It would be great if this can be automated, something like the historical data scheduler, so that various backtest can run in the background.

Return to “MultiCharts”