Bug: Format Instrument forgets instruments.  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mark Brown

Bug: Format Instrument forgets instruments.

Postby Mark Brown » 03 Dec 2020

So let me explain when you make a chart and go to format instrument, guess what sometimes the instruments are listed and sometimes they are not.

Look at my screen shots below to see I can replicate this bug over and over, please refer to TS to see how it should perform correctly.

NOW YOU SEE ALL THOSE INSTRUMENTS

NOW YOU DON'T SEE THOSE INSTRUMENTS

BUG SINCE VER 9 AT LEAST

BTW THE WORK AROUND IS TO SELECT A NEW DATA VENDOR AND THEN GO BACK AND RE SELECT YOUR OTHER DATA VENDOR.

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: Bug: Format Instrument forgets instruments.  [SOLVED]

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 10 Dec 2020

Hello,

You have typed the name of the instrument in the search box, that is why you see this instrument. This is not a bug, the search filter works like this by design.
If you'd like to see all the instruments, please leave the search box blank.

Mark Brown

Re: Bug: Format Instrument forgets instruments.

Postby Mark Brown » 13 Dec 2020

no not true that is the previous symbol that was on the chart so the only way to get a list of symbols is to start a new chart - once you have made that chart and go back to symbols there are none there to select from. now if you select a different data feed vendor and go back to the original data feed vendor this list of symbols appears - bug

ts shows all the symbols all the time

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 14 Dec 2020

Hi, Mark,

As soon as you delete the contents of the search box. The symbols are listed. You don't need to change data feed source.

regards,

Alex

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 16 Dec 2020

Hi, Mark,

As soon as you delete the contents of the search box. The symbols are listed. You don't need to change data feed source.

regards,

Alex
RIGHT I JUST FIGURED THAT OUT YESTERDAY - WILD JUST WILD - TS DOESN'T HAVE THAT FEATURE. LOL

biffhero

Postby biffhero » 24 Jan 2021

I really like this feature, as well. I think it is called a "narrowing search". For instance, if I type "g", then my instruments which _start with_ g will appear.

Well, you can guess where I would like to see this, right? wildcards. I tried to bring up AAPL by typing in all of the wildcards and regexps I could think of, *p, %p, .p, ?p, both with and without an escaping \, and it seems that the search text box takes every character as a literal search string.

Thanks,
Rob

Return to “MultiCharts”