BUG EMERGENCY!!!!! DTN DATA PROBLEM WITH MC14

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mark Brown

BUG EMERGENCY!!!!! DTN DATA PROBLEM WITH MC14

Postby Mark Brown » 16 Dec 2020

DTN IS SENDING THE DATA BUT THE GLOBAL SERVER IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY AT ALL.

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS HISTORY BUG HAS BEEN HERE FOR YEARS NOW, SO FIX IT.

i already deleted all the iqfeed versions and have the latest one 6.1.0.20 installed and i ma getting no history at all this is big problem how can i trade markets with this software if it doesn't have basic history data get this fixed fast i am losing money and time because of this blunder. also getting bad ticks have to reload the charts mc14 and dtn are a mess.

cant even get a 5 minute chart wtf

TIME AND SALES SHOWS THE DATA IS THERE BUT YOUR CRAPPY GLOBAL SERVER IS NOT HANDLING THE DATA JUST LIKE I BEEN TELLING YOU FOR YEARS THE DATA IS NOT THERE

DTN IS DELIVERING THE DATA BUT YOU ARE NOT DISPLAYING IT

Mydesign

Re: BUG EMERGENCY!!!!! DTN DATA PROBLEM WITH MC14

Postby Mydesign » 17 Dec 2020

Hi,

FWIW, using all caps literally means you are shouting ! Not the best way to get people willing to help in my opinion...

My 2 cents.

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 17 Dec 2020

My 2 cents.
TIRED OF BEGGING MULTICHARTS TO DO THE RIGHT THING AND FIX THEIR DATA SERVER

STUFF YOUR 2 CENTS..

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 18 Dec 2020

When you run the IQFeed diagnostics, it has nothing to do with Multicharts. You are testing your connection to IQFeed only. Multicharts isn't sending you data from their servers, IQFeed is. That data is then stored in the MC database. With a new installation, I have had to make adjustments to the windows malware service in order to get acceptable performance from IQFeed/Multicharts but this is a Windows setup issue. This is another area that might need troubleshooting on your end.

I use IQFeed/Multicharts for automated futures trading as well as automated long/short equity. It is working for me. IQFeed is an unfiltered data provider. This has advantages and disadvantages. You can get bad ticks and often you can look at the Time/Sales and get an idea why that might have happened. Tick filtering is something that is missing but it is not a simple problem to solve. That really should be done by the trader independently if it matters to your trading.

Perhaps you should consider outlining your problem and ask the forum members here if they have the same problem that you do. The ALL CAPS posting is unnecessary. I am sure traders here with more experience with the software will help you.

Kind regards,

Alex

Return to “MultiCharts”