Plotting After Hours RealTime Charts with Esignal

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
flipflopper

Plotting After Hours RealTime Charts with Esignal

Postby flipflopper » 28 Jun 2008

Is anyone able to get real time after hours charting to update properly with esignal? I have the time set to 24 hour so I'm getting all the data.

I only have a problem with stocks and not futures.

I do know that esignals "Last Trade Price" field only gives regular hour data and that the "Last/Extended Hours Last" field gives all data.

Maybe if Multicharts uses the "Last/Extended Hours Last" field instead it would solve the problem.

Anyone able to get after hours stock charts working with esignal?

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 28 Jun 2008

Hi Flipflopper,

I have noticed this for a long time. During RTH, no problem to get charts to load and update missing data. But after RTH, sometimes I have to restart MC several times and then sometimes I just let it sit and come back later and voila, the "Waiting for Data" is replaced with a chart full o' data. I'm not a programmer or a computer guru, but maybe it is the way MC asks for historical backfilling data from eSignal Data Manager / eSignal Servers and then has to wait for eSignal, and not so much a problem with MC itself. I also have the Quote Manager set to "Collect RT Data", but don't know if that helps.

Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 10 Jul 2008

Anyone from TSsupport care to comment?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 11 Jul 2008

Hi guys,

We ran tests on MSFT. The 24 hour charts were identical in MC and eSignal.

If you are still running into this problem, could you please provide more details illustrated by relevant screenshots?

Thank you.

Regards.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 11 Jul 2008

The problem is with real time charts. Open up a 24 hour chart of msft during after hours and see if it updates in real time.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 11 Jul 2008

Hi flipflopper,

Please contact our customer support via LiveChat at http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... tmloutside the regular session hours to demonstrate the problem.

Regards.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 15 Jul 2008

Hi flipflopper,

Please contact our customer support via LiveChat at messenger.providesupport.com/messenger/tssupport.htmloutside the regular session hours to demonstrate the problem.

Regards.
I just tried to contact support they were unavailable.

Look at the attached chart. Intel reported earnings traded over 1.5 million shares and your "real time" chart shows that it hasn't moved one penny.

Like I mentioned above this is the case for only stocks and not futures or forex.

I am also telling you how to solve the problem by using the esignal field "Last/Extended Hours Last" instead of "Last Trade Price" to plot your charts.

You can easily test this problem your self. Simply open a chart of an active stock during extended hour, set session to 24 hour, and observe no real time price movement.

If you say you are somehow seeing REAL TIME UPDATES then I would like to see you demonstrate this since I know it is not possible.
Attachments
afterhours.jpg
(45.44 KiB) Downloaded 622 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Jul 2008

Hi flipflopper,

The problem is that we can’t reproduce the problem you’re describing. We plotted the same stock in both MC and eSignal – in the 24 hour format. The data was identical in both platforms and it wasn’t updating either in eSignal or in MultiCharts.

This is why we need your assistance in reproducing the problem. We need to see the data updating in 24 hour format in eSignal as well. We would really appreciate it if you tried contacting us again. Our LiveChat is always on-line after 6:30 am EST.

You could give me your phone number and I’d call you to set up the time for the remote connection session.

Thank you!

Return to “MultiCharts”