Error installing MC14 on VPS

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MAZINGUER

Error installing MC14 on VPS

Postby MAZINGUER » 16 Jan 2021

Hello,
I am trying to install MC14 on a dedicated VPS but I am having problems to do the installation because when the installer starts it stops suddenly and a window appears with the following message:
The installer has detected that 8dot3 name creation is disabled. It may cause a compiler issue. Your system was modified to rectify that. A reboot is required.
Click Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard, restart the computer and run the installer again.

Could it be that having MC14 installed on my PC, it won't let me install it on the VPS as well?
Can MC 14 be installed on both sites even though it may only be running on one of the sites and MC14 cannot be opened on both sites simultaneously?
Thank you
Attachments
instalacion MC.jpg
(269.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet

hughesfleming

Re: Error installing MC14 on VPS

Postby hughesfleming » 17 Jan 2021

This might be particular to the VPS. Take a look at this.

https://knowledge.kofax.com/Capture/Kof ... e_Creation

MAZINGUER

Postby MAZINGUER » 17 Jan 2021

Hello hughesfleming,
Thank you very much for answering.
The same thing that it put in the link that you sent me I already did, I also did it in both ways, directly from the registry and through commands but the same error persists.
The only thing that remains for me is that, as you say, since it is a registry modification, it can only be the VPS administrator who can change this.
Thanks for your answer

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 19 Jan 2021

I remember dealing with this once. Unfortunately I can't remember the circumstances. Is the VPS running Windows 10 or Windows Server? I remember having so much frustration with VPS's in general that I made the move to dedicated machines. All my problems went away.

Alex

MAZINGUER

Postby MAZINGUER » 19 Jan 2021

Hello hughesfleming,
Well, it's Windows Server ... I also hired the 2019 version and they gave me the 2016 version.
They recommended this vps service to me, but out of prudence I have hired it every month, so they solve my problems I will have an easy solution.
What you say about dedicated hosting machine, I suppose it will be more expensive ... any recommendations?
Thanks a lot

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 19 Jan 2021

Hi Mazinguer, it depends where you are and where you connect to. I am in central Europe. Before I went with colocation, I was using a dedicated server in Frankfurt to connect with IB Europe in Zug. I used this company and it was a very good experience. https://www.velia.net/en

Working this way was so productive that I decided to move everything to colocation. I work from two countries and sometimes a third. Being able to log off, jump on a plane and log on again and be exactly where I left off was liberating. I really don't want to do it any other way now.

regards,

Alex

MAZINGUER

Postby MAZINGUER » 19 Jan 2021

Thanks a lot hughesfleming
The truth is that this option that you mention about a physical machine seems much better. Thank you, I did not know of its existence.
Of course, its price is double the vps that I have contracted.
I do not travel, and in fact until now I kept the systems working on my pc, but I have decided to hire the vps to free my pc. The TS if I have been able to install it in the vps, but at the moment the MC I have not been able to. I am waiting for a response from the support service.
Thanks for the info
Regards

Return to “MultiCharts”